Dr Anthony Shonde

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

12th August 2016
Written by a carer at BMI The Park Hospital

My daughter underwent a endoscopy and colonoscopy, her stomach issues where never resolved under this Dr.'s care. My daughter woke up remembering the whole event, she was traumatised. We have recently seen another consultant in the same field, who upon looking at my daughter's notes told us that during this procedure Dr Shode did not use enough sedation on my daughter, he said that it was no wonder that she was so traumatised and could remember the whole event. We were reassured by Dr Shonde that she would be heavily sedated and wouldn't be in any distress or pain - when you send your young daughter for a procedure of this nature you never imagine that someone could act in this way. As a Mother I am totally disgusted and frankly upset to hear that this sort of negligence is allowed to happen. I would like to encourage anyone reading this to see another Dr and do you research. I am writing this in the hope that no-one has to have the experience that my daughter had for I will never place my trust and my daughters wellbeing in his hands.

Nearest Gastroenterologists