Dr Abdul Gatrad was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2024 for delivering outstanding care.

8th April 2024

There are some moments in life where you are really grateful for what you have and meeting Professor Gatrad after our daughters referral to him was one of those moments! Prof. Gatrad's depth of knowledge is second to none and the way he involves parents (and children) in his consultations and his thought processes means that you can feel super confident in the resolutions he gives. If we had not found him we would still be going round in circles trying to help our daughter. Instead we now understand exactly what is happening with her and ways to manage it that have made her so much happier. We are very grateful to him. Ultimately, he is just an all round impressive man and we would recommend him to anyone.

Written by a private patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital
13th March 2024

I first met Professor Gatrad when I was just 6 weeks old and suffering from CMPA, he made a very positive and lasting impact on my parents so much so that 30 years later (in 2024) we reached out to him when my newborn son was presenting with similar symptoms. Professor Gatrad’s support, advice and care over recent weeks has meant that we now have a much happier and healthier baby boy. We will be forever grateful for his help! We would definitely recommend Professor Gatrad. An excellent medical professional who is passionate about making a difference to many lives.

9th January 2024

An amazing, knowledgeable and caring gentleman. Passionate with a genuine concern for his patients. It was a privilege to meet Professor Gatrad and we all felt very reassured after listening to him. An exceptional medical professional - Highly recommended. Thank you.

7th January 2024

We took our granddaughter to see professor Gatrad today, all I can is what a caring and kind person he is. He explained everything in simple language so we could all understand what he was telling us. He is genuinely one of nicest doctors any one could meet, our granddaughter after initial doubt was very comfortable with him. I would highly recommend any one whose child is not well to see him.

19th December 2023

I can honestly say I have never met a more kind and knowledgeable man. He genuinely cares about his patients and ensures they are given the correct diagnosis and treatment. We wont go anywhere else now for our children. Thank you :)

• Paediatrics

Professor A R Gatrad OBE has been a child specialist at the Manor hospital for over 25 years. He is nationally and internationally known through many of his publications and the 2 books that he has written. He holds a national award for clinical excellence.