Cataract surgery

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital
1st June 2019

The nurses and doctors were lovely. The length of fasting could be shorter given the length of time you have to wait for the procedure e.g. Breakfast before 6am, procedure after 1.30.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Tees
11th May 2019

Dr Qasim Mansoor did Cataract surgery on both eyes, i now have 20/20 vision. most grateful to him, many thanks.

Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital
30th March 2019

I have been extremely short-sighted all my life (I am now 76). My last sight test showed my sight to be -22 in my right eye and -14.50 in my left. This means that without contact lenses I was virtually blind. I was told I would need cataract surgery as I had cataracts forming in both eyes. I had surgery last year, both done within a few weeks of each other. I was nervous, but I needn't have worried. I was well looked after throughout. A nurse holds your hand while the op is being performed and tells you to squeeze hers if you feel any discomfort. I didn't need to do that at all. I can't praise the Westmorland General Hospital Eye Clinic nurses, surgeon and anaesthetist enough for their dedication to their patients. I was treated with a care and consideration which came naturally to them. It isn't a job to them - it is their vocation. The surgery was painless and when I took the eyepad off after the first operation I could not believe the clarity of vision and brightness of cololur that I could see. The next op was just as good, both eyes now giving me perfect, pin-sharp distance vision. I wear glasses for reading, which is not a hardship at all. I would always advise anyone facing cataract surgery to go ahead, don't be afraid, your life will be changed for the better.

Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
10th February 2019

excellent treatment and care.