whipps-cross-university-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 64,534 reviews Write a review

Whipps Cross University Hospital

Whipps Cross Road, Leytonstone, London, England, E11 1NR

18th April 2018
Written by a family member

Doctors and Nurses are doing great job

18th April 2018

Sage ward was clean, bright and only had 6 beds which meant that you could build up a good relationship with the nurses. I felt the care was very good and I would like to say thank you to all the nurses, doctors and auxiliary staff for making my stay as comfortable as possible. The ambulance crews who took me to hospital and home again were a credit to their profession. The only downside was the 3 hour wait in A&E before the X-ray and seeing a doctor.

Parent Dignity

Suitable Location
16th April 2018

Everything from the moment we arrived.

16th April 2018

The only good thing about this service was the fact that we live in the first world and it is a resource we can take advantage of for free. I went in with food poisoning, there were about 6 other people in the waiting room. I was in agony, doubled up with stomach cramping, begging to be seen. The service was so uncompassionate I ended up falling on the floor in agony and screaming to be helped. No one would give me pain killers. I waited for more than 3 hours to get an Xray, and after asking the nurse for painkillers she walked past me without eye contact and said, I'm not a nurse. It was only after the Xray that I was given painkillers. I have never been treated so badly as I have at Whipps Cross. I understand that on any given night, especially at the weekend that there may be all sorts of sights and dramas which may become wearing on the staff, however I was polite and as patient as I could be given the circumstances. The staff were not under pressure as there was hardly anyone there and would have expected from at least one member of staff, an ounce of human compassion. Unfortunately there was none. I was disgusted with the service and will never go to Whipps Cross hospital again, which I guess is what they're hoping for given their attitude towards sick people. It begs the question why these people sought employment in caring for people when care is the last thing they provide.

15th April 2018

Went to A&E today with my husband who had exacerbated asthma due to hay fever. We were immediately taken in by the doctor on call because of his condition. We were treated with dignity and respect. All the staff was extremely polite and friendly. The attending consultant Dr. Ali was also very kind and professional. He knew what he was doing and he looked after my husband really well. The entire system was very organized and systematic. Because of my husband's critical situation at that time, everyone in A&E was notified of our presence. The attendants came on to check with him every now and then. We did not have to explain the purpose of our visit to every nurse / attendant / consultant we came across. Everything was taken care of in an amazingly easy and convenient way. We are very much satisfied and happy with the service provided to us. I would highly recommend Whipps Cross. Thank you so much for today.