whipps-cross-university-hospital

Whipps Cross Road, Leytonstone, London, England, E11 1NR

1 2 3 4 5 64,597 reviews

Review of Emergency Department - WXH, written by a family member
1st March 2020

My 92 year old mother from the very start of the ambulance bringing her to whipps cross A&E , had the best care treatment from everyone working there , the doctors , sisters , nurses, porters . Such hard working people , all fantastic and great organisation. Every single one of them were outstanding. My mother had x rays , CT scans, put on drips for fluids , and she had a plaster cast for her fractured wrist, she was given the very best treatment. And, all done with such professionalism and best of all , it was carried out with smiling , caring great sense of humour doctors and nurses. All this to put you at ease even though they were so non stop busy . Hats off to you all . You are doing such a great job. Thank you so much, you are truly all amazing and we are extremely lucky to have such good people working in A&E

27th February 2020

My daughter was admitted with a case of infected chicken pox. She was very sick and the staff were reassuring, caring and showed respect for us and my daughter. They gave amazing care and showed warmth and kindness the whole time we were in their care. A fantastic, hard working team.

18th February 2020

Its a very old hospital that is confusing and tiring to get around

2nd February 2020

I went to the hospital walk in clinic after experiencing shortness of breathe etc, turns out it was a nasty blood clot ordeal. Very quickly seen, Staff were on point throughout the experience and I’m sure the quality of their care from resus through to ICU saved my life. Cannot praise the staff enough, they’re all absolute heroes who went above and beyond, I’ll be eternally grateful.

Review of Emergency Department - WXH, written by a family member
11th January 2020

We came into A&E with my 16 year old who was in a lot of pain. I saw the posters in the waiting area asking us to advise staff if you were in pain so you could be helped. So we told the staff at the desk and asked for pain relief only to be told we’d have to go into A&E. when we went to majors I again asked for pain relief for her to be told not until she had been triaged. So if the policy is not to give pain relief until someone has been triaged, why do you have the posters in the waiting area, it only served to wind me up when we couldn’t get pain relief for someone in agony.

7th January 2020

Patients receive their care and treatments in corridors like it’s normal. There’s no care or compassion from staff and I understand that they do the same stuff day in and out but I work for an ambulance service and was disgusted and shocked at the lack of empathy shown from staff. One nurse was talking fast to my grandad who was half asleep when she came to do his observations in the corridor and he couldn’t hear or understand her. She decided to start pulling at his arm to take his BP. My grandad kept needing to urinate frequently and was taken in and out of an unoccupied cubicle to pass urine. After a while of this and after my grandad was incontinent in the corridor (which only happened because no one was coming to help us) it was only about 60-90 mins after I mentioned to a nurse and sister how undignified it was to do that to my grandfather that they finally allowed him to stay in the cubicle. I visit several hospitals daily with my job and have never seen another hospital run the way Whipps Cross does. It’s disgusting and inexcusable. Absolutely inhumane and NOT NORMAL to treat patients out in a corridor.

Review of Plane Tree Centre - WXH, written by a patient
10th December 2019

I was told to attend at 7 am. Eat nothing 2am and drink nothing after 6 am. My surgery is not before 2.30 pm at the earliest. I was expected to sit and wait in the discharge waiting room for over 7 hours. The consultant and surgeon came early to kindly speak to me and assigned me to a cubical to change to be examined. The nurse in charge came later and stated I will have to change back in to my clothes as the cubicle is needed. Why do patients have to suffer the inconvenience of a bad organisation? I was told its because the surgeons have to work flat out through the day and once they go in to theatre they can not come out. This I hope is not the case. They should be allocated safe resting time. Afternoon list patients should not be made to suffer the consequence of a bad, thoughtless, careless, unsafe and detached organisation.

28th November 2019

Every area of my care during my 2 weeks stay at Whipps X was amazing except for the food. Often the choices were not met & 3 days running they had no rolls & 3 nights running only half the evening meal turned up but thats that DREADFUL company Serco's fault, NOT Whipps X. The hospitals only fault was giving them the contract.

19th November 2019

The care from the Drs, surgeons, anaesthetists was excellent. The after care from night staff on Rowan ward was appalling. Couldn’t find my notes. No hand over. Didn’t know I’d just come out of surgery for a major operation. Put a piece of tape over my emergency buzzer as it kept going off, leaving me with no way of calling for help . Jug of water put out of my reach, I couldn’t move after abdominal surgery. When told, one nurse said” well I don’t know what’s wrong with you “ . Visitor eating food around patio bed and making loud phone calls up until 10.30 pm. I asked staff to ask them to be quiet!! My daughter had same experience after caesarean delivery at Whipps. Only in 2 nights but on 1st night she pressed buzzer as her baby was vomiting and she couldn’t move with pain. No one came to her. She struggled to reach her baby. I challenged staff next day and was told the staff were on break so didn’t answer. Mother and babies just left. I insisted that I or her partner stay with my daughter the next night as I didn’t trust the night staff in particular. Such a shame that the great work of some is let down by others. But a disgrace that mothers, babies and the ill are put at a great risk by those trusted to care for them. The hospital needs to step up with recruitment of the right people, training and monitoring them, if needed disciplinary procedures.

Review of B3 Ward - WXH, written by a patient
23rd October 2019

I have no comment

{{category}} working at Whipps Cross University Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Whipps Cross University Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6gc