whipps-cross-university-hospital

Whipps Cross University Hospital

Whipps Cross Road, Leytonstone, London, England, E11 1NR

Rating not given.

9th August 2018

The appointment letter asked me to bring existing medication in original containers which I did but it was not asked for. What it did not include, which the letter for the follow up appointment does say and which I think it should have been in the first appointment letter , is the paragraph about Dilating eye drops which will blur your vision for up to four hours ...... Please do not drive. The Dilating eye drops were administered at my initial appointment and I remarked to the consultant I saw that I found reading my kindle somewhat difficult after their insertion. I am pretty sure he said that near sight would be affected for a few hours and that I would find bright sunlight difficult. Nothing was said about the effect on longer sight and that I should not drive. I did drive within four hours and found I needed a great deal of concentration while doing so. The admonition to not drive should have been included in the initial appointment letter. Please would you amend it to do so? Not driving for a certain period of time after the insertion of dilating eye drops comes under the heading of "Blindingly Obvious" to those who are dealing with them but to someone like me attending their initial appointment, it needs to be spelt out.

7th August 2018

I have no comment

7th August 2018

Great care. Environment could be more up to date

20th July 2018

Admitted for induction of labour on mulberry, and back to mulberry post delivery too. Staff were all fantastic, very understanding and caring. Took time to explain stages to me and answer questions when I was anxious. Very helpful and caring midwives who were amazing. Only downside was the catering where the lunch menu was very limited for vegans (falafel sandwich every day gets a bit repetitive)

20th July 2018

Understaffed, the office staff were often rude. Clinic very rarely ran on time, I waited over 2hrs on a number of occasions to be seen, very difficult when you work full time to be able to arrange meetings which don't interfere too much. Midwives were lovely and very helpful though.