university-hospital-of-north-durham

North Road, Durham, England, DH1 5TW

1 2 3 4 5 76,765 reviews

Review of Ward 1 UHND, written by a patient
2nd September 2020

I was admitted with a life long illness which is also a rare condition and because of this i was totally ignored by the carers on the ward. I am still able to personal self care i.e bathroom wash and dress and because of this carers totally ignored me my whole stay on this ward, they didn't ask me if i was okay or even give me a simple hello when passing my bed, the more other patients rang the call bell or shouted they got the undivided attention everyday.I asked different nurses during my stay for the results of my daily bloods and not once did they come back and tell me, I witnessed unsafe practices carried out by carers, a extra large gent patient i.e hoisting a patient on their own he was screaming in pain as she did this.I witnesses patients that could clearly not feed themselves, never assisted to east or assisted to take a drink of water, these carers need more training or need supervising during care. I saw the same gent drag lifted up the bed by two carers instead of using a slide sheet this procedure can cause burns and sores.

Make sure you ask every patient if they are okay and involve them in their care.Get the carers and nurses trained to ensure the standard of care is acceptable and safe.Carers should be taught manners and treat all patients the same and not pick out favorite patients.

Experience
Family Involved

{{category}} working at University Hospital of North Durham ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review University Hospital of North Durham: http://iwgc.net/eb6c2