university-hospital-of-north-durham

1 2 3 4 5 76,765 reviews

Review of Ward 1 UHND, written by a patient
2nd September 2020

Satisfaction:
I was admitted with a life long illness which is also a rare condition and because of this i was totally ignored by the carers on the ward. I am still able to personal self care i.e bathroom wash and dress and because of this carers totally ignored me my whole stay on this ward, they didn't ask me if i was okay or even give me a simple hello when passing my bed, the more other patients rang the call bell or shouted they got the undivided attention everyday.I asked different nurses during my stay for the results of my daily bloods and not once did they come back and tell me, I witnessed unsafe practices carried out by carers, a extra large gent patient i.e hoisting a patient on their own he was screaming in pain as she did this.I witnesses patients that could clearly not feed themselves, never assisted to east or assisted to take a drink of water, these carers need more training or need supervising during care. I saw the same gent drag lifted up the bed by two carers instead of using a slide sheet this procedure can cause burns and sores.

Improvement:
Make sure you ask every patient if they are okay and involve them in their care.Get the carers and nurses trained to ensure the standard of care is acceptable and safe.Carers should be taught manners and treat all patients the same and not pick out favorite patients.

Experience
Family Involved
Review of Ward 12, written by a patient
16th March 2020

Having had a bad fall resulting in a broken right hip, I was taken to UHND by ambulance and then into hospital by a wonderful group of amusing and caring professionals. Then into triage and on through x-ray and CT before being admitted to Ward 12. The following morning I had my operation. At all times the care was superb. There are some wonderful people working there and that includes ALL staff. There are people working there from all over the world and it was a joy to see and hear so many nationalities even if some of the older patients sadly had some basic racist attitudes. The food was downright excellent! Even for a veggie like me. The Physio staff in particular were wonderful. I am now back home. Thank you Ward 12 for fixing me, keeping my spirits up and getting me out the other side!

Review of A & E North Durham, written by a family member
10th December 2019

My elderly mother in law had an extremely bad fall this weekend and because the ambulance service was so busy we drove her to the accident department ourselves. When we got there there we were told that there was a 7 hour waiting list to see a Doctor and that there was 118 people waiting. Despite this she was triaged within 10 minutes and taken straight from there to the short stay area as it was likely she would need to stay in overnight. All staff treated her with great kindness and respect, reassuring her at every stage of her treatment from CT scan to the very painful dressing of her wounds where the skin had peeled back leaving raw flesh. Although it was abundantly obvious how much pressure A & E was under,I have nothing but praise for her treatment and the attitude of all staff from reception to discharge the following afternoon

{{category}} working at University Hospital of North Durham ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review University Hospital of North Durham: http://iwgc.net/eb6c2