st-bartholomews-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 43,523 reviews Write a review

St Bartholomew's Hospital

West Smithfield, London, EC1A 7BE

12th August 2019

Waiting times too high. Nobody knew what they was doing or where I was meant to be when.

4th August 2019

1. I had an information handout from a dr saying i should have a prescription before a HyCoSy, I wasn't given one and when I emailed reception I was told the handout is wrong and no one gets a prescription. This was untrue, but it took 4 weeks and lots of emails and phone calls to the patient help desk to get a dr to confirm this, everyone is ment to get a prescription but dr sometimes don't do it. 2. For over 5 weeks we were told we were going to be called in the next few days by a nurse to schedule our treatment. We kept calling and kept being told in the next few days. We then revieved a call saying we weren't funded for treatment but no more info on what we could do next. We called 3 times and no one called us back. In the end my husband refused to get off the line and it turns out it was a mistake the nurse hadn't seen a relevent bit of paper in our file. 3. How many weeks I'm pregnant was written down wrongly by 2 weeks on the discharge forms to be given to the gp 4.we were given wrong information by the dr to how to report a treatment review for when we recieved new test results which delayed our treatment. 5.I asked a nurse about my thyroid medication and pregnancy and she was adamamt t was fine because she hadn't been told to inform me about it. I think checking with a dr would I think be an obvious thing to do but she didn't seem to want to when I asked for this. 6. I would have liked the dr to be more understanding and better informed about home insemination. We were told by our gp to try at home 'turkey baster' method as fertility treatment is invasive and upsetting but there is no info on this and dr at hospital very dismissive. The actual procedures were handled well and staff were generally very nice but I do feel members of staff have been giving out wrong info because they don't want to consult with each other or allow you to speak to the right person. I think there should be more dr to call people back on issues and discourage admin and nursing staff from answering questions they are not qualified to answer

24th July 2019

Best hospital I have ever been to

17th July 2019

The care I received from ALL medical staff at Bart's was outstanding. It goes without saying that the surgical team were second to none. But I feel that the nursing staff in particular should be singled out for praise. From the intensive care and high dependency units to the ward where I began my recovery, through my entire 2 week stay at Bart's the nursing teams provided a very high quality of care around the clock. They receive little recognition, and work in sometimes quite difficult circumstances. I consider them to be the Best of Us.

26th June 2019

I recently stayed for a just over a week at Barts to have open heart surgery for a new heart valve, bypasses and a pacemaker. It was of course a traumatic operation but the obvious skill, genuine care and good humour of all the staff made me feel totally secure.

{{category}} working at St Bartholomew's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St Bartholomew's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4zq