solihull-hospital

Lode Lane, Solihull, West Midlands, England, B91 2JL

3rd October 2022

Great hospital

18th January 2022

On 25th. August 2021. I had a colonoscopy op. at Solihull Hospital. The pain was so intense I was unable to complete the procedure. During the procedure I begged for more sedation or pain relief, and was refused. The whole thing left me traumatised. Because of the incomplete outcome of the operation I have had to have the procedure done again. The mental aguish caused by the first op. made me panic whether I could do it again. Following weeks of sleepless nights , my husband reassured me that I could do it, so we researched all the medication that I could be allowed to help me get through it, and should I not be happy with the medication on the day I would not have to proceed. At the pre/op for the second colonoscopy the nurse was surprised that the surgeon who was in charge of the first colonoscopy, and the one who refused me any more sedation or pain relief, DID NOT GIVE ME ALL THE MEDICATION/SEDATION, AND NO MUSCLE RELAXANT I COULD OF HAD. The whole episode has left me wondering why someone who is in charge of your well being would subject you to such pain knowing that he could have prevented it.?? I think he needs a refresher course on how to look after a patient, and if he feels it a strain to do a good job and treat all patients with the respect they deserve, perhaps he should look at alternative forms of employment. There is a happy ending to my sad tale. This was given to me by all the staff in the colonoscopy department at GOOD HOPE HOSPITAL. They were fantastic. I CANNOT THANK THEM ENOUGH, when I voiced my concerns I was not dismissed, and made to feel that I was at fault , as the surgeon did at Solihull . I was reassured and shown all the medication I could receive and how the operation was going to go. I was given 50% of all available medication to start, then the second 50% when we were half way through the procedure, to help me through to the end.

14th May 2021

Had a outpatients appointment, amazing service provided by Jobby in opthalmology. Very attentive and cared for my grans needs as assessment is quite difficult due to her dementia.

1st September 2020

Patient ref:- 4644085405 Hospital ref: S090588 The gentleman monitoring people’s entry on the main door was wonderful. The two nurses doing the two types of eye tests We’re so kind, gentle and patient. When we were told it would be a telephone diagnosis I said that my mother would get too flustered and be unable to hear properly. The registrar (I assume) kindly agreed to see her. He said there was no change other than an improvement in pressure. I said she was unable to read anymore and It was only then that he looked into the eyes, the consultant came in and they agreed she needed corrective laser treatment. The care we received was superb however, with the trend going towards telephone consults my mum would have been told there was nothing wrong after the two lots of initial eye tests. Thank goodness that consultant walked in when he did! Nina Roberts

18th September 2019

From the time I was admitted to the time I was discharged, all staff looked after me and was very friendly and caring.

4th September 2019

I was operated on under general anaesthetic by Dr Zaki as a first stage operation to remove a Basal Cell Carcinoma from my nose for analysis (before subsequent corrective MOHS surgery at Heartlands Hospital). I was looked after exceptionally well by Dr Zaki and his two very considerate and caring assistants who kept me fully informed throughout the complete procedure.

23rd April 2018

I had an a hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy I'm happy with the care I had but I told my surgeon that I did not want the marina coil and I felt like I was being a bit pressured to have it I said I did not want it about 4 times to her I felt like I had to keep sayin I did not want it when I had already made up my mind. I don't think she ment any harm but it was a bit to much and I felt just a bit pressured . But I also understand she was trying to help. I didn't have the coil which is what I wanted . But I do appreciate all of the surgeons help and she was lovely

8th February 2018

I was seen by Laura Pointz in physio today (08/02/18) - Great service and offered me advice which I have never received before or ever thought about. She also mentioned other options that I could try too. If I was to sum up the level of service in one word it would be OUTSTANDING !!!

3rd February 2018

Went in for an arthroscopy on the 1.2.2018. All the staff were faultless, caring and superb in their job. Couldn’t ask for anything more from any of them

21st November 2017

I had two day surgeries by Mr Matthew Trotter which was straightforward and quick. I was cared for very well by everyone and pleased with my treatments. Once I was sent home without treatment because they discovered my blood pressure was at a level not suitable for surgery. I felt this was correct and that staff felt I was at risk. I was quickly give another date and had the surgery done at a later date.

{{category}} working at Solihull Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Solihull Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4xo