royal-victoria-infirmary

Royal Victoria Infirmary

Queen Victoria Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, England, NE1 4LP

25th July 2022

Dermatology. I had an appointment to see a dermatologist "or member of team", about a skin cancer on my face. I was a bit anxious. When I got there I found it was actually an appointment to have it photographed, no doctor involved. they would look at it and "let me know in afew weeks". This was a huge let-down. There was no mention of photographs in the appointment letter, I was expecting a doctor. Whoever does the letters should get their act together and sort this out.

3rd July 2022

I attended eye casualty on Weds 28/6/22 The triage nurse Ann was so professional, it’s a pity she hasn’t a more private area to ask her very appropriate questions. My eye test completed by another very jolly nurse and then to see Dr “Will” personally I disagree with being introduced with a forename, I am Mrs M and he is my Dr a professional relationship not a friendship, familiarity breeds contempt. I cannot fault this dept. Unfortunately a gentleman who was blind ( had an aid) was sitting long before I went to see the Dr, he actually went to reception and asked if a porter was in his way.As I was leaving, I thanked the staff and then looked to see if the gentleman had gone, he hadn’t, I offered to take him to his destination which was pharmacy. He was very grateful and also informed reception, I think he’d been waiting an hour. His wait was going to be 20 mins in pharmacy and he asked the pharmacist to put on his script he needed a porter no chair to go to the exit point for a taxi. I offered to stay but indicated to the pharmacist where he was seated. He made a valid point, why can’t the script go electronically from dept to dept??? very sensible. My heart went out for this chap and I’m wondering if more porters are required, but a volunteer would have been ok, after all he isn’t “ sick” just disabled, please please investigate the incident and rectify it.

12th March 2022

All staff I have met at the RVI have been polite and very capable. The facilities are very good. I have used the PIU, X-ray, Endocrinology, Blood Testing and Interventional Radiology services. All of them are excellent. The location of the RVI is somewhat difficult to access but we have been able to manage. Either I have failed to find them or there are not many toilets available to outpatients. In every other respect the facilities are very good.

Safe

{{category}} working at Royal Victoria Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Victoria Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb4vt