Royal Gwent Hospital

Cardiff Road, Newport, Gwent, Wales, NP20 2UB

3rd April 2018

I cannot fault the staff at this A&E dept. They were so thorough as well as caring professional and reassuring. How anyone can criticise the NHS is beyond me.

30th January 2018

I was quite frightened when I arrived in A&E. Phillipo (hope I've spelt it correctly - my Italian isn't great) was fantastic. He put me at ease, attended to me and gave excellent care and service. I saw a number of experts and was impressed by everyone that was involved in my care. I have endured other A&E services, but this was head and shoulders above the rest.

13th October 2017

Unfortunately launched myself down the stairs, attended A&E which revealed I fractured my foot. The staff were efficient, I was given a Walking Boot and crutches, plenty of instructions and kindness considering I didn't take this news too well. Immediately given an appointment for the fracture clinic the following week which it transpired was run equally as efficiently. I know the staff are struggling with the sheer numbers of patients, however I have been lucky enough on the few occasions I have been to Royal Gwent to have met some lovely people doing their best. Its no good haranguing the staff, it takes as long as it takes to treat every individual with the same care and attention.

9th September 2017

Went to the RGH on the evening of Friday 8th September with an ankle injury. The staff were amazing with their care, compassion and attention. I was diagnosed with a broken ankle, plastered and released within 2 hours. Outstanding customer service - thank you.

18th August 2017

Was taken to royal gwent after being attacked in work and from first arrival at a and easy was treated great care and dignity Evan with the pain and discomfort I was in all through the x rays and ct scans then onto short stay ward staff were faultless then moved to d3 whereally staff were just as helpful couldn't fault my stay thanks to all the staff

Nearest Hospitals