Royal Gwent Hospital

Cardiff Road, Newport, Gwent, Wales, NP20 2UB

28th May 2020

Can’t thank the staff Enough at 3 00 this morning I fell over out side my house banged my head out cold for a couple of minutes when I came around cleaned myself up a bit and called the wife who called the hospital Royal Gwent would a big THNNK you to all the staff that seen me first class service thanks again

28th April 2020

I can only praise the breast care team who got me through a mastectomy that I needed but was dreading.I had the operation 12th March and am now waiting for treatment at Velindre. They may well be as good as Mr. Holland and his team but they will not be better than them.

7th March 2020

I visited A&E this Saturday morning 7 March, I arrived at08.45 and left at 11.15 , sorted. Been to my GP three days running & given medication for a bad back, the check up I received at A&E here was over and above the limitations a GP can provide. X-ray etc, sciatica was the diagnosis and I felt a bit guilty actually about visiting A&E. I was told that I shouldn’t worry about my visit and was dealt with 100% thoroughly. The NHS takes a beating, everyone posts comments about waiting time and about the care given. It’s about time people make comments about the good experience they’ve received and not take it for granted, we are very fortunate to have the NHS . We should be more grateful to the service they provide and stop knocking this talented institution. 5 ⭐️ in my opinion & not just on this occasion but several others over the years.

19th December 2019

My son & myself attended A&E at the royal gwent 6 hour wait , They said my sons hand was checked by someone on the desk when he booked in but how we don’t know when it was wrapped at that time, There was an old lady in the waiting room about 88 years of age I saw this old lady on the floor wait for an ambulance at 10 -30 Wednesday morning this was 7-30 ,8-0 Clock Wednesday night how disgusting 88 & sat in a waiting room with head injury for all those hours with police with prisoners f —-ing & blinding people vomiting and getting irate NHS Please look after our elders, Has for my son plz someone tell me how someone at the desk as X-ray vision

2nd December 2019

My son went to A&E on 02/12 was told he would have to wait 6 hours for a doctor, told someone would check on him. No one checked on him, I asked 2 nurses to provide him with pain killers but no one bothered, in the end I drove to the garage and purchased them myself. There were sick bowls on the floor of the A&E room the entire duration he was there no one cleaned it up they just walked past it. I don’t come from Wales my son lives here but I am utterly disgusted at the poor level of care and the filthy state of the place.

22nd October 2019

Went in to have some Laser & Cone treatment due to having some abnormal smear results. I cab honestly say fantastic team on the B7 ward West Side and I would also like to thank the lovely reassuring Laura (anaesthetic) for helping me choose the right choice of anesthesia I would also like to thank the ladies in the recovery dept for their fantastic work too, every NHS worker who helped me today from start to finish is worth their weight in gold and I would like to thank them from the bottom of my heart for their patients with me. Thank you all Sharon Lloyd

9th October 2019

Firstly I would like to thank the NHS for the very prompt appointment following my visit to the GP. Apart from the fact that I found it very difficult to navigate myself around the hospital as it was an incredibly confusing layout, from when I arrived at the Dermatology department until I left, I was very well treated. Dr Williams was very kind and diligent and Avril and Tamar were lovely, and put me at ease. They were all a credit to the hospital. I went away feeling happy in that I had received such good treatment. A big thank you to your very kind and diligent staff.

8th August 2019

I was taken in to hospital by paramedics due to breathing difficulties. Assessed in A&E an immediately moved to resuscitation unit. I was diagnosed with massive pulmonary embolism,s. I was at all times treated by caring professional doctors and nurses. I was given life saving treatment and at one point senior doctors and nurses were all working very hard to save my life . Their attitude was totally professional and focused but constantly reassuring, as such I was able to stay calm and understand what was happening. Once moved to intensive care unit the same care was apparent I felt completely safe in their hands. I spent ten days in the hospital on two other wards. Throughout my time there I was treated with care respect and complete professionalism. When I was discharged the porter wheeled me direct to my husbands car then showed my husband where the outpatient clinics are situated. Every member of staff from consultants to cleaners were amazing. Thank you all. From a constructive suggestion I would say pay them more , they all deserve it.

31st May 2019

I took my stepmother to the physio department today, following two operations on her hand. The physiotherapist, Vanessa, was excellent in every respect. She explained clearly about every aspect of the work she had to do, she was well prepared, friendly, kind and very professional. We were there for an hour and came away both feeling that we had experienced the NHS at its very best. We could not have hoped for more.

{{category}} working at Royal Gwent Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Gwent Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4us