New Victoria Hospital

184-188 Coombe Lane West, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, England, KT2 7EG

23rd April 2019

I stayed overnight just under 3 weeks ago for my breast lift surgery. I can highly recommend New Victoria Hospital. All nurses doctors and staff were fabulous. Nothing is too much trouble for anyone. Fantastic choice of food menu . Beautiful private room and bathroom. You are made to feel special. I am 100% satisfied Thankyou Jackie

23rd April 2019

The receptionists are rude and the nurses disinterested. Not a great experience. I'll review my consultant seperately.

20th April 2019

Very smart new outpatients department. It's a pity that instead of spending so much on new facilities some money wasn't spent on customer service training as the staff remain off hand verging on rude. You are just a number here to be billed as quickly as possible.

7th April 2019

If I had to sum up my experience of recent minor surgery here I would say the place was cold but mostly functional. Almost all the staff I encountered need some major training in customer service because in this environment where you are paying significant amounts for your treatment that is exactly what you are by you would never know that and you are treated like a lump of meat to be processed. I was expected when I arrived and shown to my room which was hot and stuffy. I was shown everything except how to cool the space down. I didn't really need instruction in how to use the TV remote control but that was given and although I said the room was too hot that was glossed over. The nurse who came next asked questions some of which were not relevant to my stay at all and given that no information whatever is provided about GDPR, in fact it's not even mentioned in the information you are provided with (though older data protection legislation is) I didn't feel I wanted to answer a list of questions which had no relevance to my treatment. Her manner and that of almost all other New Victoria staff (as opposed to the consultant and anaethstist) was cold. My consultant already had my medical history, is this information not shared between the consultant and the nurses or do they just want to ask the same questions again for the sake of it. Some of the checks are petty, for instance you are asked your weight, it is written down and then you are told to stand on a scale - if you are going to be weighed, why bother to ask? Although I had arrived at the time I was asked to for a minor procedure I was then kept waiting with no explanation for over four hours with nothing to eat or drink so by the time it all started I had a raging headache having had nothing to drink at that point for over ten hours. I recovered quickly after the procedure though the staff with the exception of a very pleasant nurse's assistant showed no interest whatever apart from their functional checks. Again no warmth whatever, I was duly processed and I was delighted to go home because staying even a single night would have been one too many.

5th April 2019

Very clean, well-run hospital. All staff very caring, efficient and professional. Room facilities and meals excellent too.

{{category}} working at New Victoria Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review New Victoria Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4me