kings-mill-hospital

King's Mill Hospital

Mansfield Road, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, England, NG17 4JL

6th May 2018
Written by a family member

The place was virtually empty yet still had over a 3 hour wait to see my 4 year old. Got the feeling that not a single person cared in the slightest when you can see all the staff just sat chatting behind the desk.

10th April 2018

I attended the endoscopy department today, I found all of the staff to be particularly helpful and professional. I was rather apprehensive initially about the procedure but every one of the staff that I was in contact with put me at ease and were exceptional at there jobs I have no qualms about recommending this procedure to any one. Finally my thanks to all the staff at this unit who made my visit both soothing and professional.

18th March 2018

26th January 2018

I brought my partner in after 111 advised to do so on a Friday night. We waited about 10 minutes to get booked in and then waited about 30-40 minutes to be seen by streaming nurse. Afterward got the relevant observations done and transferred into another department of a&e blood test done etc and after about 2 hours doctor came. The care has been great to be honest but the waiting times could be cut down if people didn’t come to a&e for a cold a bruised foot or even blood test results and yes they really did come for them reasons and it doesn’t help the nhs being under staffed

10th January 2018
Written by a family member

Brought our 3 year old in last night ambulance transferred him after speaking to 111. Seen by a nurse in a and e who was helpful then passed through to childrens a and e. Doctor came didnt even check his temp again and said his temp was fine but it had been taken over two hours before. Had to ask her to check it again and it had risen to 39.2. Said she was going to do an fluid challenge where he had to drink 8.5ml every 5 mins for an hour. He didnt do this he had about 15ml in an hour and was then sick. A second doctor then came in amd said he wasnt worried and used kingmills favourite word for children viral!! So here we are the next night back in childrens a and he as his temperature has risen and hes in a worse state then yesterday. Id put my mortgage on it being viral again!! I no my son and there is somthing very wrong with him yet no one here can seem to see it my wife is an adult nurse and is very concerned. I think if we had brought him in with a broken arm it would still be viral!!