gloucestershire-royal-hospital

Gloucestershire Royal Hospital

Great Western Road, Gloucester, England, GL1 3NN

1 2 3 4 5 21,780 reviews

14th October 2021

I felt the receptionist on the entrance to children’s outpatients could have been a little more friendly. The doors were automated and we struggled slightly. She told me Quite abruptly I could break the door by opening it (realised I should have waited but an innocent mistake). When you have an anxious child (my son has ASD) these little encounters are so important and I felt there could have been a little more friendliness and compassion.

21st September 2021

Everyone was kind and caring. The hospital was clean and I was treated very well

16th August 2021

A very poor experience of A&E and the Minor Injuries ward. Having arrived at the hospital at 8.45pm with a suspected foot fracture there were no wheelchairs to be found near the hospital reception (which of course was unstaffed at that time). I had to be helped hobbling to A&E where I was informed of a 4 hour wait time, pleasingly seen by triage within the hour, and referred to Minor Injuries. It was then 9 hours after arriving at A&E that I was finally seen in Minor Injuries at 5.45 a.m who predictably sent me for an x-ray, with a further hour and a quarter wait to provide me feedback and treatment. In the end I left at 7.15 in the morning. During the 9 hour wait my husband tried to speak to the nursing staff to get an update on timescales and check I was on the list to be seen and was brushed away twice. Several patients gave up and left untreated, another with suspected concussion and cracked ribs waited 6 hours alone to be seen following x-rays. It did not appear to be a particularly busy night (no other adult patients came to Minor Injuries following me). Whilst I've no doubt the staff were under pressure, there is a lack of thought about the patient experience - the absence of wheelchairs and information/communication are two examples; there were no water fountains or vending machines in the vicinity (unacceptable if injured patients are expected to spend hours waiting there); and organisation seemed poor (such as needing to wait 9 hours to be sent for an x-ray).

14th July 2021

I have had to visit this hospital on numerous occasions over the past few weeks and staff were brilliant considering how busy times, all staff are polite and deal with things as quickly as they can staff in resuscitation a&e are amazing they reassured me all the time was so busy that day, one staff member even asked if I wanted coffee or anything whilst my little boy was being dealt with just think the staff at this hospital don't get enough praise when they deserve it more than anything. Waiting times may be 1 hour or 9 hours but they are all doing there best they don't get enough credit for what they do on a daily basis

26th May 2021

The staff on TATU and on ward 3b were so friendly and approachable. I was kept updated about my treatment throughout my stay. I was admitted promptly and given a warm welcome. More importantly I was discharged home promptly, with the help of the ward therapy team, drs and nurses. The theatre staff, radiology staff and porters were also fantastic throughout my stay.

Safe

{{category}} working at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Gloucestershire Royal Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb39u