gloucestershire-royal-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 21,760 reviews Write a review

Gloucestershire Royal Hospital

Great Western Road, Gloucester, England, GL1 3NN

30th May 2018

Post delivery of my first baby: - ALL staff were so helpful, friendly and informative, We received lots of advice and support and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We were seen by many different professionals during our stay and all were caring and supportive. - Made to feel comfortable pressing buzzer to ask advice. - Brilliant support with breast feeding our baby. Advice how to hand express and the upmost respect given throughout. - Sophie from the infant support team supported us in neo natal to give first breast feed to baby and this was a highlight during a very difficult time. - Helen England midwife communicated everything so clearly to us and was memorable for her kindness and support provided. - we were so impressed with Gloucester staff and facilities and will continue to rave about the after care we received.

30th May 2018

-student midwife on ward did not time my contractions as I would have expected. I felt unable to do so at this stage of labour as they were so regular. Therefore, the urgency of my immiment delivery was missed and I was told that a 30minute wait to go to delivery was suitable. - There was no midwife on delivery for me to transfer from the ward to delivery suite and I had a long wait to be transferred down. This meant that I was unable to receive my preferred method of pain relief. Also, the wait to go to delivery instilled panic and fear (as I was in stage three of labour and ready to birth my baby). This panic created a negative birth experience for my first baby. Staff were only just able to get me to delivery suite 5 mins before I birthed my baby. As a result, the midwife who handed over did not have any of my details; not even my name. - my baby was taken to neo natal care whilst I received stitches. I was not instructed on how to use gas and air to prevent pain and as a result the stitching process was traumatic. Also, the midwife did not effectively communicate what she was doing or indicate length of time the stitching would take. - There was no clear information about my baby during this process and this was distressing as he was not with me. Positives: All staff were very friendly. Midwife visited to debrief after the birth and advised I discuss birth notes to piece together the event.

4th May 2018

Triaged by Admin & inexperienced Nurses on Remits when urinary retention with pyelonephritis symptoms - never asked for sample or times re visits too loo or Emergency Access .111[ admin] , GP Surgery[ admin] , Gloucester Walk In [ trained in 2 weeks if that admin] Waited over 3 hrs till realised deliberately making me wait so very upset as started to have neurological symptoms needing to drive as had mobility scooter [ dyspnoea] no carer classed as Vulnerable .System bullying as had to leave as expecting call back from earlier contact .Never happened with GPs behaving in similar fashion knowing waited since 4.30am 111NB neurogenic bladder can't catheterise because of lips-lymphoedema for which no provision NB Now 3 disabilities as also lack of assistance made Heart Failure Worse with spinal spasticity /sepsis by not transferring hospital appts when moved 5 yrs prior with no appropriate sampling causing 5/6 change surgeries as feel unsafe . Worse still Follow up after not seeing anyone Medical was automatic survey they all ignore.

23rd January 2018

My care started in the birth unit but due to complications I was transferred to the central delivery suit for monitoring and this is where I gave birth. I want to pay special thanks to my student midwife Fleur who was incredible for a 3rd year student. She treated me with dignity and respect and had an incredible way of putting us (my husband and I) at ease. As a physiotherapist who works at the trust I regularly mentor students. If any of my students were as professional, proficient and adept as Fleur I would be very impressed, and want to have the patient feedback. Please could you ensure this message reaches her /her mentor. I also want to thank the staff on delivery suit for being so attentive and for the wonderful aftercare as well as care during the birth of our daughter. Please send our thanks to them also. Despite needing to spend the night, again the care and attention the midwives and staff on the post natal ward gave me was brilliant and enabled a speedy discharge home the next day so we could introduce our new arrival to our toddler at home. Thank you again. Jennifer and Thomas King

19th January 2018

A very caring environment. All the staff were friendly and considerate, and there was always someone readily available. Everything my dying partner would have wished for.