gloucestershire-royal-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 21,755 reviews Write a review

Gloucestershire Royal Hospital

Great Western Road, Gloucester, England, GL1 3NN

11th November 2017

I was admitted in the early hours of Wednesday 8th November 2017. I chose to be at gloucester royal as my no 1 birthing place as both of my two children before hand were born here. Both of which also Needed medical help As soon as they were born. Especially William who was placed in scubu shortly after delivery due to breathing complications. The team at the birthing unit straight away were amazing helpful Coulldnt do enough to help - there were so many amazing Midwife’s and even catering staff on the wards that were polite friendly and easy going and so incredibly helpful. As my son was jaundice we stayed for an additional night after delivery on the 8th at 4.47am on the birthing unit and then once a room was available we moved to room 10 in maternity ward. All spaces were clean and made me feel comfortable. Almost felt I was on a mini break. I came across so many Midwife’s during my time in hospital this week and I have nothing but amazing praise and admiration for the work they do, the hours they work the love and passion they show and generally how amazing they all were. On my last day I was even priveledged to See the midwife who delivered my daughter 8 years ago too. It seemed fitting to end my time with the same person who saw me through my first delivery. I wasn’t let down then and 8 years on gloucester royal still has nothing but admiration in praise in mine and my families eyes. Thank you for bringing my three children safely into the world and ensuring they were healthy enough to be sent home at the right time. You are all stars. My husband and I have been raising money for gloucester royal scoo be doo charity though triathlons and marathons over past few years since William was born. We have raised just over 1,000 through our just giving page - we just felt we needed to give something back as a way of a massive thank you. Thank you again to all your superhero’s

20th July 2017

Lovely welcoming staff. Made situation better than it was. Supportive and informative. Knew what they were doing and had better outcome due to skilled workers. Aftercare good. Sometimes opposite info given (just differences in practice) all round very good care. Would definitely recommend and will be using services again.

3rd July 2017

The midwife that looked after me and helped me deliver my baby was absolutely wonderful. She was kind, compassionate, caring and warm. I felt that she genuinely cared about me, my baby and our wellbeing. She was incredible.

3rd July 2017

The care that I and my baby received whilst staying at GRH was outstanding. The midwives that attended me were absolutely wonderful - attentive, caring, compassionate and warm.

27th June 2017

The midwives in the birth unit when my son was born were incredible. They took into account all my wishes and ensured I understood all my options. The student midwife was excellent and the other midwives were kind and compassionate. After my son was born the midwife on call sat with me to teach me how to breastfeed-this was invaluable. The one to one assistance for 15 mins gave me confidence and knowledge to keep breastfeeding. I can't praise the staff enough. They even ensured my husband was comfortable and supported him.