gloucestershire-royal-hospital

1 2 3 4 5 21,787 reviews

12th April 2022

Really friendly staff

27th March 2022

Unfortunately if I could give it -10 I would the reason is that the lady instead of checking condition on my child when she had a seizure she was asking me questions not relative to the situation, they know her conditions from before there was all in the system and the answer that I have heard because I need to get to the bottom of it no reaction when my daughter was crying out and screaming out for a Health but she was happy to give me a question when she had a seizure . Totally unfriendly and useless stuff they just discharge my child home with meningitis!!!! Child is screaming out for a help again and when I rang the number provided , in the background they all have a nice laugh and happy time free on taxpayers money but they not happy to listen to you when you shout thru. If your child is ill and needs urgent help do not go to Gloucester pediatric unit that’s the worst place on Earth!!!!

7th February 2022

Rang the PAU first thing and was asked to attend with my daughter. Great service from everyone we saw very pleased with our care

12th January 2022

Great service

Review of Gloucestershire Royal Hospital,
3rd January 2022

So far we are 30 minutes over our appointment time to see our 7 month old baby with breathing issues. The guy in front of us has been waiting over an hour to be seen. How the NHS can decide to have a bank holiday is beyond me. The place should be fully staffed all year round. I am completely and utterly disappointed in the limited care we have received. When asking reception of a rough time to be seen she replied "I don't know".

Why tell someone to be at the hospital for 12:45 if you aren't going to see someone on time?

Experience
3rd November 2021

Wonderful committed staff who did everything they could to make my time comfortable and pleasant.

27th October 2021

The staff at GRH are under immense pressure, however everyone I encountered was knowledgable, professional, kind and compassionate. They were under staffed and over worked but everyone I encountered made time to help and support me throughout my stay.

14th October 2021

I felt the receptionist on the entrance to children’s outpatients could have been a little more friendly. The doors were automated and we struggled slightly. She told me Quite abruptly I could break the door by opening it (realised I should have waited but an innocent mistake). When you have an anxious child (my son has ASD) these little encounters are so important and I felt there could have been a little more friendliness and compassion.

21st September 2021

Everyone was kind and caring. The hospital was clean and I was treated very well

16th August 2021

A very poor experience of A&E and the Minor Injuries ward. Having arrived at the hospital at 8.45pm with a suspected foot fracture there were no wheelchairs to be found near the hospital reception (which of course was unstaffed at that time). I had to be helped hobbling to A&E where I was informed of a 4 hour wait time, pleasingly seen by triage within the hour, and referred to Minor Injuries. It was then 9 hours after arriving at A&E that I was finally seen in Minor Injuries at 5.45 a.m who predictably sent me for an x-ray, with a further hour and a quarter wait to provide me feedback and treatment. In the end I left at 7.15 in the morning. During the 9 hour wait my husband tried to speak to the nursing staff to get an update on timescales and check I was on the list to be seen and was brushed away twice. Several patients gave up and left untreated, another with suspected concussion and cracked ribs waited 6 hours alone to be seen following x-rays. It did not appear to be a particularly busy night (no other adult patients came to Minor Injuries following me). Whilst I've no doubt the staff were under pressure, there is a lack of thought about the patient experience - the absence of wheelchairs and information/communication are two examples; there were no water fountains or vending machines in the vicinity (unacceptable if injured patients are expected to spend hours waiting there); and organisation seemed poor (such as needing to wait 9 hours to be sent for an x-ray).

Safe

{{category}} working at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Gloucestershire Royal Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb39u