cheltenham-general-hospital

Cheltenham General Hospital

Sandford Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England, GL53 7AN

1 2 3 4 5 21,497 reviews

16th August 2020

I have attended Cheltenham General Hospital on several occasions as an outpatient and have always felt confident I was receiving excellent care. The staff have always been courteous and kind, putting patients at ease which is important. I have also been an inpatient and cannot fault the care I received. I find it hard to believe the rumours that the A & E depart may close permanently as it serves the wider community which continues to grow around this part of the county and is easier to reach for many patients than Gloucester Royal which seems so vast and impersonal. Cheltenham Hospital should be nurtured and maintained as it performs an excellent service to Gloucestershire. It is hard to find a suggestion on how improvements could be made apart from possibly encouraging more volunteers who could act as guides as one endeavours to follow the map which is sometimes supplied to patients having to go from one department to another especially if the patient is nervous or anxious and not absorbing the written information but there is always somebody to ask if one gets lost!

19th November 2019

amazing, amazing, amazing. I 've never thought I had a great relationship with healthcare. However since moving to the Cheltenham area my care has been outstanding. I had two borderline ovarian cysts. They were removed in Gloucestershire hospital and I had a total hysterectomy in Cheltenham. I only stayed in overnight for each operation. From start to finish it was professional. My surgeon was Mr Gornall. My specialist nurse was Lisa. I stayed on Bibury ward. I have a few very tiny small scars. It was all swift, I was kept informed all the way. I even had a tiny meltdown in the middle as I didn't want to go back into hospital for the hysterectomy, i can't do people. They kept me on track. I found out today I'm free from any disease relating to the cysts. I'm ecstatic to be honest. I've always dreaded hospitals etc. but this was second to none. They deserve recognition. It's just sheer excellence in difficult situations.

Review of Radiology 2, written by a patient
18th November 2019

Very efficient

14th November 2019

Feeling scared after my diagnosis, I was lucky to be surrounded by the most extraordinary team of professionals...never patronising, but informative, caring and despite the long working hours, always there for my every need. Prescott Ward with Gill/Rhiana/Mr Patel/Mr Jaunoo and Dr Sian Maguire...The team at Chedworth Ward and Dr Gibbons & team that made a scary procedure manageable. I am forever grateful to you all Araceli Humphreys

{{category}} working at Cheltenham General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Cheltenham General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3v4