birmingham-heartlands-hospital

Birmingham Heartlands Hospital

Bordesley Green East, Birmingham, England, B9 5SS

29th June 2022

I went into early premature labour and sadly lost my princess I was then admitted to Eden suite. I cannot fault none of the staff on there they was all amazing,empathetic and helpful especially Cheryl and tan the midwives. I’m glad I was there and no where else.

29th March 2022

Hi back in July/August 2021 i admitted with covid, even ending up in intensive care. Doctors,nurses all looked after me with care. Specialy nurse imogen on ward 28. My baby was born via c-section whilst i was in intensive care. He was well looked after by neonatal nurses for first 3 months of his life

8th March 2022

My uncle (a renal patient) was admitted two weeks ago with a infection, they discharged him 3 days ago he was taken care by myself and family, the paramedics are not gentle and brought him home with no blanket in the cold rain(he catched a cold and was coughing all night). He didn’t look well.. was struggling to eat and drink, pain everywhere in he’s body and fever.. it seemed he still had the infection, wasn’t looked after by staff and was discharged.. He’s oxygen was low so was readmitted just two days after discharge, from the ambulance to the hospital staff were not gentle they weren’t empathetic which is a key skill all health ‘care’ staff should have! They said he’s critical It was hard for me to watch them pulling he’s fragile arm, he’s head hanging of the stretcher! And staff not helping him they let he’s hand hang of the bed he tried to lift he’s hand back up but he can’t and they don’t help on top of this they are moving him very roughly and fast making it harder for him to pick he’s hand back up! I kept reminding them to be careful seeing him in this condition and seeing how the staff didn’t care I cried all day yesterday worried for my uncle. After they assessed him in a&e they took him to ward 3..I was supposed to stay with him he’s critical and also needs help with everything which we do for him the staff don’t! Also on certain situations one person is allowed to stay with patient (Covid time) this situation is valid! my uncle is very Ill(end of life) he can barley speak he’s got confusion and at the moment he’s been only speaking in he’s mother tongue for some reason (he can speak English) which makes it even harder for the staff to understand! (Can’t speak much anyways very quiet with great difficulty). When I went with him to the ward a rude staff said “no visitors allowed, you have to go! go! can you go!” How about she waits for my reply she doesn’t let me speak! Is this how you speak to people especially someone who’s family is unwell and are already stressed unprofessional and lacking empathy she should change her career choice! I was about to put her in her place but knowing how evil they are they might take it out on my uncle I just replied with “OK” it broke my heart I never got to say bye to him I live 3 hours away I came just for him and just saw him for 2 days … didn’t even get to say bye and reassure him as I was leaving the unprofessional lady (a little short, middle age seems to be of Philippine origin) was talking about me hoping I saw, I did but didn’t give her the reaction she wanted so embarrassing childish it’s disgusting people like this even exist. After leaving the ward I realised I have he’s food and drink, they already said to me it’s ok if he doesn’t eat or drink!! (Vile) saying to me he can’t eat or drink which is a big lie it’s a excuse not to feed him he can eat and drink just small amount at a time they don’t have the patients/ time thats fine but at least try! give 2-3 small spoons of purée food even for 5 mins and sit him up and give sips of water but no they don’t do anything he’s stomach listening to it rumble and hearing him ask for water broke me they don’t CARE!!! They don’t TRY!! Get rid of these staff!!

31st January 2022

Very good hospital

Written by
16th November 2021

Neo natal staff are amazing

20th October 2021

The maternity unit at the hospital was incredible. They looked after me and my baby for 6 days and I can’t fault them at all.

6th October 2021

Vanguard suite heartlands hospital staff brilliant all of them had my procedure done today very apprehensive but no need they were excellent all of them.

1st October 2021

N/q

23rd September 2021

They looked after my baby whilst I was in ITU.

23rd September 2021

I went in with arm pain, staff were rude, especially the A&E reception with scarf on kept rolling her eyes everytime I spoke, the black lady who assessed me was worst of them she did not have any care towards patients and wouldn't let me speak at all , they have no duty of care towards their patient. Kept sending me backwards and forwards to emergency a&e and minor a&e. The service is appalling wouldn't recommend anyone to go there

Safe

{{category}} working at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Birmingham Heartlands Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3pd