Birmingham Heartlands Hospital

Bordesley Green East, Birmingham, England, B9 5SS

17th November 2017

review is by sister of the patient. treatment by nursing staff good BUT please note the following: Brother(who lives on his own) had stroke lost use of left hand /arm ,after spending 2 weeks in hospital was discharged.Still unable to walk unaided and confused as we all forecasted, including many nurses in the ward he had a fall and was taken back into hospital.We requested meeting before he would be discharged again. NO MEETING informed late afternoon he would be on his way however the following morning. Next morning fell again and was again taken back into Heartlands. After 3 days was transferred to a Residential Home we were not advised until he was on his way!! Hospital neglected to tell this home he had had a stroke/was incontinent and was confused. This lead to Ocupational therapist seeing him and on thinking he had another stroke arranged to send him off to the QE. Before doing this she rang Ward 30 at Heartlands who informed her when he left them he could walk unaided(BIG FAT LIE) but neglected to tell her about his previous stroke and so it goes on and on. My question is who is running this hospital Doctors NO Nurses NO Ocupaitional Therapist YES with the aid of SOCIAL WORKERS who cannot be bothered to keep you informed*******

7th November 2017

Nursing staff we all great and I could see how well they worked every day. The service I got was ok the only problem I had was the cleanliness, the toilets, bedding etc... also the communication between wards and doctors and pharmacy was diabolical. I had a scan and the nurses knew the results for almost 48 hours but couldn't tell me because there was no doctor on the ward. Very slow service and inefficient but they do get the job done eventually.

25th October 2017

When I gave birth the midwives and aftercare from midwives and doctors was excellent however I feel the care from the doctors was incredibly poor during my labour. I am lucky my baby is alive and I feel the situation was avoidable but the doctors' attitudes that birth is not a medical crisis means that they overlook issues when they need to be dealt with, certainly in my case. I cannot fault the midwives however or the aftercare both my baby and I received after the birth however my baby very nearly died and I feel the lack of care from the doctors during my labour was a massively contributing factor to this.

4th July 2017

I am always treated with dignity and care and have as much time spent with me that I want whenever I visit Heartlands (which is at least 4 times a year because of a blood condition that I have had for the last 7 years). My only criticism is with the amount of car parking spaces and the astronomical fees charged.

23rd May 2017

I was operated on in the day unit & was treated very well. Nothing was to much trouble for them.