Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB25 2ZN

18th June 2020

hospital is overdue modernisation

1st February 2020

My mum was in ward 104 at ARI for 17 days. She hadn’t been keeping very well. Unfortunately when she reached the ward after many tests I was told that she was palliative. The care that she and I got from the staff was second to none. Not only did my mum receive the greatest of care but they actually looked after myself too. I spent quite a few nights (overnight) in my mums room and the nurses on shift made sure I was well looked after. They treated my mum with so much respect and even on occasion after their shifts came in and spoke to her. I would like to thank everyone who was involved in my mums care, I couldn’t have asked for more caring people for my mum during her last days.

7th January 2020

My dad of 89 years old had an appointment today to see his oncology doctor, Dr Grant and was very happy with the detail and advice given. When we went to confirm his ultrasound was okay for tomorrow the receptionist was extremely helpful and went above her duty to see if me dad could be scanned that day. Sorry I didn't get her name but I did get the name of the second member of staff at the dept, Shirley Ewing. Shirley again went above and beyond for my dad and because of her experience and caring nature, My dad also had his CT scan as well. Both these women came back to see that we were being seen to. Today 07/01/2020, I want the people of Aberdeen and surrounding areas know that the staff in our hospitals and health centres are doing a fantastic job and many like these two women are going above and beyond their duties to help and support us when we are most in need. Thank you for the bottom of our hearts.

7th December 2019

My mum was recently in 105 can’t fault the medical or nursing staff. However from the time mum was told she was being discharged to the time her medication was ready was over 3 and a half hours We waited and waited then was discharged with paracetamol when I explained that mum had taken all her medication in with her when she was admitted and didn’t receive it back. Mum had been admitted to 101 then transferred to 105 and her medication had gone missing. By this time it was 4,30 on a Friday and would not be able to get replacement medication from her GP. I was asked to go back after7 pm to collect replacement medication. I appreciate that everyone is busy and my mum is not the only patient on the ward that needs medication dispensed but there must be a better system.

{{category}} working at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Aberdeen Royal Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb3la