Victoria Road Surgery

50 Victoria Road, Worthing, W Sussex, England, BN11 1XE Also known as: Victoria Road Surgery based at Durrington Health Centre 1 2 3 4 5 63 reviews

13th November 2019

I've used Victoria road surgery since I was a kid, so this must be some 30+ years. My overall experience has been "ok", but recently it has been better. There are some completely stone cold doctors at this practice, but also some very warm, funny and understanding ones (Dr McCreanor is a great doctor, who I feel very at ease with). I get it, the NHS is stressful and GP's are pressed for time for each appointment, but if you can't show even an ounce of compassion and shrug your shoulders at me when I mention that I have an ear infection, it's really off putting. The appointment system as mentioned by others, really isn't great. The online appointment system for instance has no slots available 90% of the time, or when some DO show, they're over a month away and always with the stone cold doctors I mentioned earlier, so I end up not booking. Another issue I find is that if I ask for an appointment for a weeks time for results of a test, one receptionist will say no, you have to come in on the day, before 8am to see someone, whereas another will book it right then and there, without issue.

13th January 2020
Response from Victoria Road Surgery

Good afternoon Thanks for taking the time to feedback to us, your feedback is mixed, I am glad that you find some of the doctors, Dr McCreanor in particular so good, I am saddened that you find some of them cold. We have quite a lot of new clinical members which have joined us recently, so I am hoping that you will find and create a good relationship with some of these. None of the doctors here would purposely not show any compassion, however I am really sorry that you were left feeling like that. We try to release as many online appointments as we can. We release the bulk of our appointments at 8am every morning, with a range of different Doctors, and try to give as much choice as possible, it is difficult but we try our best to ensure some patient choice. In answer to your query regarding getting an appointment regarding test results all results are different, some may need a routine appointment and we may need a patient to wait perhaps for up to a month, where as some may need to be seen more urgently, the reception team go by what the Doctor informs them. I hope that you find the Surgery and any interaction more positive next time you contact us, thanks again for feedback, it is always good to hear constructive good and bad feedback.

20th September 2019

I joined Victoria Road surgery because the Durrington site is convenient and has good disabled parking. I called today to book a flu jab and was told they could only offer me ONE date at Durrington, which happens to coincide with a holiday, so I could not attend on this date. I was told that no other dates were available for my age group, so I could either attend at Victoria Road or go a pharmacy. It is absolutely ridiculous that only one date could be made available for Durrington patients when booking this early. And to be told to go to a pharmacy makes me wonder what services a GP surgery is able to provide. Victoria Road Surgery seems to be run for the convenience of the staff rather than to provide a service to patients. If I arrive at Victoria Road and find the disabled parking occupied, I will have no choice but to cancel my appointment at short notice, which will inconvenience everyone. I am extremely disappointed by this poor quality of service.

11th November 2019
Response from Victoria Road Surgery

Good afternoon, I would like to apologise that we could not accommodate your flu jab at Durrington as requested, we do have limited numbers of the vaccine and we have to be careful not to over book, however I think we could been more helpful and explained this better. We are now in a position with numbers to be able to book anyone who should wish to have one if they are eligible, please if you have not already please call and we will be happy to book you in at either site.

{{category}} working at Victoria Road Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Victoria Road Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eb63v