Upper Gordon Road Surgery

37 Upper Gordon Road, Camberley, Surrey, England, GU15 2HJ

Also known as: Dr Lothe & Partners

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

15th August 2015

I suppose doctors' receptionists are notorious to a lot of people and, in the past, those here have not been a lot different...as was the Practice Manager! I had some very irritating moments at this surgery - more with the admin staff than the medics - but these seem to be a thing of the past currently. Likes:- the attitudes and efficiency of most of the doctors (there are a couple myself and my family seek to avoid...as with most surgeries) ...the clean and bright premises...the on-site pharmacy. Dislikes:- the fact that I had been to the practice a number of times over quite a few years with an 'itch' on my back, which was finally diagnosed as a basal cell carcinoma after Dr. Whitehouse referred me. Having lost two friends with similar lesions on the part of their backs that you can neither reach nor see, it strikes me even now that I could have joined them due to the slowness of diagnosis, had they been malignant like those of my friends. In addition, I still do not like those who are not medically-qualified (i.e. admin staff) making decisions as to what they feel is important and what is not. Finally, although myself and my family have been with this practice for many years, the car parking is atrocious - and, although steps have been taken to try and alleviate this, they simply haven't worked. Overall, therefore, the service here is good and the admin staff are getting friendlier...but my concerns with regard to car parking and the knock to my confidence over the aforementioned misdiagnosis, MAY lead me to examine alternatives before I get too much older...if you want me to be frank.

14th August 2015

It can be difficult to get an appointment, often more so as a worker, but I appreciate it is a very big practice, covering a large & densely populated area & have recently had a couple of doctors retire. I have yet to mange to get a Saturday appointment, but they have extended their opening hours, where they can get Doctors & Nurses to come in, from 0800-1800. They offer numerous ‘special’ clinics. All of the Doctors are good listeners & take the time the patient’s need, so I have no problem when they might run a little late, as one day it may be me they are listening to. And all in all, considering the size etc, it is rarely a long wait. They must be doing something right to have the student doctors come through them regularly as well.

16th July 2015

I have always found all the staff, receptionists, nurses and GPs to be helpful.

16th July 2015

It is impossible to get through on the telephone first thing in the morning to book an appointment for the same day. You have to visit the surgery at 8 am. This makes it very difficult for patients who are not mobile.

16th July 2015

The surgery offers 'on the day' appointments but it is difficult to get through on the busy telephone line at 8.30am and the appointment will be with the duty doctor rather than your preferred GP. Some blood tests at the practice are now taken by an experienced Phlebotomist who is very skilful and makes this a painless experience without bruising - great service! The addition of an on-site physiotherapy service is excellent as this offers both NHS and private care, and even NHS appointments usually take under two weeks. The excellent accommodation, relaxed atmosphere and time given makes the physiotherapy appointments feel much more like a top class private service than NHS - we are lucky to have this! The on-site pharmacy is also excellent as queues are short and opening hours are long. This practice continually seems to be doing its best to move forward and offer the best possible service for its patients. The GPs are all friendly and kind and make time to listen. Highly recommended.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »