Freshwell Health Centre

Wethersfield Road, Finchingfield, Braintree, EssexEngland, CM7 4BQ

Also known as: Freshford Practice

12th October 2018

Our family has been looked after by the clinic from when it opened and we have always found the care and level of consultation to be outstanding. The receptionists are professional and helpful, doing all in their power to enable a speedy consultation with the requisite health professional. Recently they have been extremely caring to an elderly family member who needed immediate first aid. We feel that a strong leadership is evident throughout the practice and when concerns arise they are always addressed immediately, following a meeting with a member of the management team. Having recently been to another surgery as a visitor we appreciate even more the professionalism and experitse available at Freshwell Clinic. Thank you to all members of staff who contribute to the smooth running of the clinic and high quality care given.

11th October 2018

Always great care & service from receptionists, nurses, & GP's. All staff arr great.

10th October 2018

I have only just recently registered with this practice after many very poor experiences with my previous surgery. However first impressions are very very good. Attentive staff who seem pleased to assist you. I have had more phone calls from this practice in the month I have been registered than I had in the previous 5+years. The premises is clean and tidy and you are made to feel welcome. All very professional and it is easy to understand why the Care Quality Commission rated this practice as Outstanding. I know these are early days in my involvement with the practice but I am more than happy with what I have seen and how it is helping me.

4th October 2018

Myself and my partner both use this surgery. My partner Neil is quite a complicated case and Dr Stevenson has been brilliant all the way.Neil has recently had to make frequent visits to the nurses who are a lovely bunch of people, always smiling and friendly. The reception staff are always polite and approachable. I regularly collect Neils prescriptions and the pharmacy staff have always been fabulous, have a laugh with them every time I go in. On the whole this is a wonderful surgery and we wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

24th September 2018

My family has been using the practice for several years. There is wide variation in the standards of professional competency and bedside manner among the GPs. The younger, newer doctors are generally far more motivated, empathetic and invested in one's care. The long-tenured doctors seem to be bored and disinterested. There is a culture shared by many of the older doctors that sees them treat patients with benign condescension. In one case, it has taken me 18 months and repeated visits to get an effective treatment plan for my child regarding a fairly common pediatric condition. Simply not good enough; emblematic of a culture where the consultation wants you in, and out, with as minimal effort as practicable. The reception team has one helpful, friendly and approachable staff member. A blessing to deal with her. The remaining group is characterized by a bewildering level of impoliteness, disrespect and smugness. One sympathizes that they are probably bombarded by patients with all manner of ill-conceived requests. But instead of robust leadership and a culture of service, that is in line with Freshwell’s values, almost every time I deal with a receptionist I experience toxic behavior and unnecessary attitude. Similarly, one wonders why several of the dispensing staff work in a role that requires patient interaction, considering how miserable and curt they are to patients. Fundamentally, this was a nice, small rural practice that is now over-stretched, and led by senior GPs whose hearts are no longer in it. There are patches of high quality care and service, but on balance the standards are not in keeping with the practice's aspirations. Until there is strong, vested leadership, Freshwell will stutter along, unable to retain talented staff (medical and non-medical), and the average patient will continue to lament the service and standards.

4th October 2018
Response from Freshwell Health Centre

Thank you for your feedback. I felt saddened to read that your recent experience at the surgery did not live up to your expectation. I would like to assure you that the partners and managers do still strive to provide a caring and friendly service. With this in mind, I would very much like to meet with you to discuss the concerns you have raised. It is difficult to sort out problems without specific examples of what went wrong and who was involved. Please contact the surgery and ask to make an appointment with the manager in relation to the recent comments on IWGC. Thank you.

{{category}} working at Freshwell Health Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Freshwell Health Centre: http://iwgc.net/eb8rr