Fern House Surgery

125-129 Newland Street, Witham, Essex, England, CM8 1BH Also known as: Fern House 1 2 3 4 5 108 reviews

13th September 2021

The receptionists and staffs have been extremely helpful during a difficult and challenging times for me and my family as I undergo a difficult diagnosis and several surgical procedures. They are always polite and have good interpersonal skills

Telephone lines is always busy and sometimes difficult to make appointments. However I was contacted regularly to book appointments in advance

9th September 2021

This is my first ever negative review I have done but unfortunately I really can't recommend anyone registering at this surgery. My wife has been ill for over 12 months now and trying to get an appointment is impossible. You spend on an average 50 minutes trying to get through to make an appointment to be told that the doctor is fully booked and the next appointment available will be over a month away. My wife is unable to go out as she needs to be close to a toilet but when you speak to the receptionist and tell them the situation they are rude and abrupt, unfortunately they speak to you as if you are a inconvenience and that they know better, as if they are a doctor. We will have no choice but to change surgeries or go private if this appalling situation my wife is having to endure is not resolved soon. If you are looking to register with a surgery in Witham I would recommend you keep well away from Fern House. Unfortunately the above is the truth, I wish it wasn't.

Where is the empathy. Receptionists who are not rude and could try and understand. I have paid into the system for over 40 years and to get the correct treatment is a reasonable time I have to pay and go private, you tell me what you could do better.

24th August 2021

Attempting to get an appointment by phone is time consuming and not always possible. Using their email system usually means several weeks wait to see doctor of choice so only useful for routine appointments. Timely follow up appointments for Dr of Choice difficult and usually impossible. For those with complicated or multiple conditions seeing an unfamiliar or locum doctor is frustrating when despite feeling unwell it’s necessary to spend time explaining associated problems and symptoms that aren’t within the notes but named Doctor is familiar with.

Sort the phone system. Go back to online booking system for direct booking, eliminating annoying and time wasting vetting by reception staff who decide how ill patients are and whether to allow face to face appointments. Stop triage by non medical staff, thought medical records were private.

1st June 2021

Fern house has always been a first class experience for my family and I. The reception staff are polite and and a pleasure to talk too. The GP’s and nurses are exceptional. We’ve never had a bad word to say about Fern House.

N/A

27th April 2021

As per above

As per above

Experience

{{category}} working at Fern House Surgery ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Fern House Surgery: http://iwgc.net/eb8ru