Ibuprofen

Ibuprofen is used to relieve pain from various conditions such as headache, dental pain, menstrual cramps, muscle aches, or arthritis. It is also used to reduce fever and to relieve minor aches and pain due to the common cold or flu. Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking your body's production of certain natural substances that cause inflammation. This effect helps to decrease swelling, pain, or fever.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

9th January 2018

I take ibuprofen in a large dose when required like all painkillers it is so easy to be reliant on it I have a blood test every so often to check my blood is in order like all painkillers don't take over the prescribed amount take only when necessary be safe

14th December 2017

No side effects observed just found it a little slow to act.

6th December 2017

No side-effects.Tend to use in two-weekly cycles. Now I am repaired I expect to come off it completely in the next two weeks.

28th November 2017

I used this medication sparingly as advised but it was a life saver before and after my total hip operation.

23rd August 2017

Be careful about mixing a 400mg dose of Ibuprofen with anxiety drugs: when combined within a 60 minute interval, they can lower one's blood pressure and lead to a spiked-drink feeling. This can affect one's independence in crowded cities where wallets etc, can be snapped from one's bag or pocket or one could collapse. I managed to keep walking about 5 km and did not stand at bus stops or travel on buses with noisy and aggressive youths until the mixture decayed like an excess layer of body fat. The GPs deal mainly with old people and young families with drug and alcohol abuse so I do not usually spend time with them and the mental health teams are not so good around LGBTIAQ issues of integration or intolerance. Now I use the anxiety pills at night and buy my own Neurofen tablets at 200 mg in supermarkets, spread out about 12 hours so that my blood pressure stays firmly in the green - as a grounded pilot! Always read the label when using NSAIDS: over time they can reduce your bone density so always take exercise as well as pills even if it is low-impact and doesn't make a lot of difference to the prognosis of osteoporosis. I have a heart condition and when I have a lot of work to do, sometimes go for walks when I do not have enough energy to jog long distances like marathons in the past.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »