Mr Simon Jackson

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

18th February 2018
Written by a carer at The John Radcliffe

There's much I'd like to write in review of Simon Jackson, 'consultant gynaecologist'. More often than not, I'll try and balance any negative remarks with positive ones as well. This review is an unfortunate exception, as I can find nothing good to say about this man. When my wife was under his care, we both placed or utmost trust in his experience, skills and judgement. My wife had developed minor stress incontinence and Mr Jackson recommended TVT surgery. As she lay in her hospital bed, pre-operation, Simon Jackson sat on her bed and suggested he could perform some extra surgery to correct a minor prolapse as well. Whilst trying to persuade my wife that it would be a good thing 'just a tuck and a stitch', he placed his hand on her knee and patted it!! This at was totally inappropriate and completely unprofessional. This alarmed my wife as well and she immediately refused the extra surgery. This actually turned out to be a wise decision, as she was informed recently by a very experienced and respected gynaecologist, that she probably had never needed surgery or the years of internal erosions caused by the mesh /tape to her internal organs.

18th February 2018
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

I was a patient of Simon Jackson’s and found him unwilling to listen to my concerns. I did not find him helpful or caring . When my surgery with him was not a success I did not receive good follow up care . I couldn’t recommend him.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists