Mr Roddy O'Kane

12th August 2019

This man is ONE IN A MILLION, Mr O’Kane has treated my son who has cp and a large cyst in his brain. He’s very down to earth and tells things as it is. He has a great bedside manner and leaves no stone unturned.

20th July 2019

My 8 year old son was found to have a very rare 9mm Colloid Cyst. Mr O'Kane operated and removed the cyst which was in the centre of his brain with no complications. My Son walked out of the hospital within 60 hrs with no problems. We cant thank Mr O'Kane for saving our sons life!! HE explained everything to us before hand, very down to earth, and couldn't ask for a more experienced surgeon. Lovely man!!

9th August 2018

Our 10 year old son has been under Roddy O Kane and his team for over 4 years. Roddy has performed 2 invasive surgeries to help with our son's condition, Moyamoya. He is a highly skilled surgeon who is straight talking, down to earth, caring and compassionate and always there for his patients. Roddy is always happy to spend the time to discuss in detail the care our son receives and will ease any concerns we may have. He has a great rapport with kids and our son can talk easily to him about anything! He also has a sense of humour and everyone you speak to has a great deal of respect for him as a person and a surgeon. We can't thank him and the team enough for everything they have done for our son and for the ongoing care and attention they continue to provide.

14th February 2018

Mr O’Kane carried out both my daughters brain surgeries and another surgery too. He was brilliant from start to finish. Not only is he highly talented but he has a great bedside manner and makes you feel completely at ease. He explains everything clearly and is happy to take the time to talk through details and discuss any concerns. I would struggle to trust my daughter to any other neurosurgeon for non emergency procedures in the future and would much rather any further surgeries are carried out by Roddy.

13th April 2017

Been dealing with Roddy O'Kane now for 16+ months with my son he has been great in all means of manner listening support and reassuring us my son was diagnosed with dandy walker syndrome at my 20 week scan and roddy confirmed he didn't have it at all 1st class so far back again in July 2017 to see him with Marcus for a review and look forward to that x

• Neurosurgery