Mr Richard Sinnerton

Mr Richard Sinnerton is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who treats patients with shoulder, elbow and hand problems at Wimbledon Clinics. He is also the founder of the London Upper Limb Unit which provides those with shoulder and elbow issues with the opportunity to gain advice, information and treatment if necessary.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

22nd August 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital

I saw Richard at beginning of the year, for a trauma on my shoulder as recommended by a former patient of his , who was a total stranger to me whom I met in my gym , and she lived in SA! . Had an MRI , no breaks no tendon tears just pain. I then had physio all going well and then ..My shoulder then froze (because if it is going to freeze it will freeze , you cant stop it) Richard then operated on it on 25th May. I could carry on any longer. To be where I am today, from 24/7 pain and sleeping 90 minutes a night while trying to continue to function , to 95% movement still a little bit to do, sleeping , doing everyday things and nearly zero pain to where I was in May is noting short of a miracle - The man is a genius!! Everything he said would happen ,.. happened Everything he said he would do ...he did. Where he said I would be today ...I am. My follow up care was superb, He has the most amazing team and I will be forever grateful to Richard, Don , Wendy and the guys at Nuffield Woking and Princess Margaret Windsor. Yes I am a total fan of Mr Sinnerton, I call him Richard:)and absolutely recommend him He is professional, directl to the point , with humour added in, and you cannot but have the utnmost confidence in him. Thank you Mr Sinnerton ..I salute you!!

17th July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital

I had been experiencing great pain in my elbow for months and a succession of doctors were of little to no help. Mr Sinnerton immediately diagnosed the problem and we discussed what options were available. I found him very easy to talk to and relaxed, whilst also confident and assured in his abilities. The operation (bursa cleanout) went very well and he was excellent at reassuring me beforehand. The wound has healed really well and there will be a minimal scar that looks very neat. He has fixed the elbow pain completely and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend him and his work.

20th June 2017
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

A surgeon who came straight to the point and did an excellent job on my shoulder. I am experiencing after 4 months lack of pain and extensive movement not expected for another 2 months. All the staff at Ashtead hospital were very helpful and charming so I would highly recommend them.

15th May 2017
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

As an NHS patient I felt a little uncomfortable at my first appointment to be seeing a Consultant at a private hospital. My concerns were quickly dispelled. Mr Sinnerton made me feel at ease. He explained the procedure (carpal tunnel) and on the day of the surgery, again his approach and manner were indicative of a very professional but understanding person. Unfortunately, the first procedure did not entirely cure my problem and Mr Sinnerton went through the next options, explaining the slightly more complex procedure if I elected to have a second operation. I did elect for a second operation, which has proved successful. I would like to add that, for a Consultant at the pinnacle of his profession, he seemed to be a man with no airs of importance but a very down to earth gentleman in a profession he clearly enjoys. Very refreshing. So, thank you Mr. Sinnerton.

8th December 2014
Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital

Having suffered with rotator cuff tendonitis for 8 months and 4 months of physio I finally saw Mr Sinnerton. He sent me for an ultrasound scan and cortisone injection. The pain disappeared within 2 days and 6 weeks later I am back on the tennis court after a break of 10 months. Brilliant.

Short link to review Mr Richard Sinnerton: http://iwgc.net/egce