Wimbledon Clinics

53 Parkside, Wimbledon, London, England, SW19 5NX

6th December 2018

Ten years ago, after years suffering some discomfort with my right knee, I was recommended to get in touch with Mr Fairbank at the Wimbledon Clinics by a golfing chum who had had both his knees replaced by him. I found Mr Fairbank very attentive, experienced and easy to communicate with. After studying the X-rays and MRI scan he recommended an arthroscopy operation under general anaesthetic, as a day patient for my badly torn cartilage, as well as the removal of some 'floating debris'. The aftercare from Mr Fairbank's team and the physiotherapists was first class and I felt very little discomfort and was soon mobile again. Some years later I had again to consult Mr Fairbank as the pain in my right knee had returned and had begun to be quite uncomfortable. After the necessary MRI scan he confirmed that, due to arthritis and general wear and tear, I now needed a total knee replacement. Arrangements were made with his staff for me to be admitted at a time of my choice. I was given a thorough pre-op check-up and a programme of exercises to do six weeks beforehand in order to build up my leg muscles ahead of the operation. In November 2015 I was admitted into a comfortable private room at Parkside Hospital and was operated on later that morning. I was impressed how Mr Fairbank, the Anaesthetist and all the nursing staff and physiotherapists acted as a co-ordinated unit, each playing their professional part in my care and rehabilitation. I had complete confidence in them and was soon out of bed exercising in the hydro pool with the physiotherapist. I left Parkside four days later but returned twice a week thereafter to the Clinic for the regular physiotherapy sessions which were essential to restore full mobility. I was able to drive again after six weeks and back on the golf course after four months. In June 2018 it finally became necessary to have my left knee replaced, and I was delighted to know that Mr Fairbank and his team were again to conduct my operation. All went well, in what is clearly a tried and tested procedure and after care, and now five months later I am fully fit again, playing golf and continuing my exercise regime and using the gym to maintain my fitness and mobility. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Fairbank and his team to anyone requiring knee treatment. However you do need to play your active part in the pre- and post-operative rehabilitation process involving physiotherapy and regular exercise.

8th November 2018

I’m so very impressed by my experience at Wimbledon Clinics. Mr Fairbank and his team were exceptional in every way. I can’t recommend them highly enough. I was always listened to and treated with dignity and care. If I have any problem with my other knee I’ll be back there without hesitation. Huge thanks to Mr Fairbank, Jessica and all the nursing staff.

6th November 2018

The team at Wimbledon Clinics are extremely helpful and efficient. At my appointments and throughout the booking process for my operation, I found all staff to be considerate and well organised.

30th October 2018

All good

4th October 2018

This is the third time that I have been treated/operated on by Mr Fairbank and his team and would recommend him to anyone who has a knee problem All the team are courteous and polite nothing is a problem and you feel safe in their hands I have had 2 arthroscopies and a total knee replacement over the last 9 years and wouldn’t consider going anywhere else

{{category}} working at Wimbledon Clinics ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Wimbledon Clinics: http://iwgc.net/ecnkd