Mr Adrian Fairbank

Mr Adrian Fairbank is a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon and knee specialist, He performs adolescent and adult knee surgery to relieve patients of knee pain. His expertise covers meniscus tears, articular cartilage injury, ACL reconstruction, arthroscopic surgery, unicompartmental (partial) knee arthroplasty and total knee replacement.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

1st June 2019
Written by a patient at Wimbledon Clinics

I went to see Mr Fairbank with knee pain, never thinking that I would end up having a total knee replacement. But he delivered the diagnosis with kindness and re-assurance, which he continued to show both before and after the operation, together with charm and humour. He explained everything fully and listened to and answered all my questions in great detail. His calmness and total professionalism were exemplary and I had full confidence in him from our first meeting through to the last, when I was sorry to say goodbye. I have recommended him to several friends and will continue to do so.

17th May 2019
Written by a patient at Wimbledon Clinics

I could not recommend recommend Adrian Fairbank more highly. Four months after having a total knee replacement I am almost pain free and walking better than I have walked for the last four years or so. He is totally professional, one of the most thorough surgeons I have come across, and I have been treated by a few, but also very kind, with a great sense of humour. Very important for me! I had a couple of hiccups, but he dealt with them immediately and made me feel completely secure and safe. Honestly if you have to have a knee replacement, he’s your man!

9th January 2019
Written by a patient at Wimbledon Clinics

Adrian Fairbank is definitely a five star surgeon in every way and has looked after both my knees for many years with great success until one finally bit the bullet! From the initial diagnosis to my final six month sign off appointment this week, he has been with me every step of the way. I had complete trust in him and the fact that I have come out of my knee replacement operation not only alive, but much better off is testament to his wonderful treatment! I would 100% recommend him to anyone even thinking of taking the step to have knee replacement surgery. He does not ever underestimate the pain and trauma that this operation can cause and does everything in his power, together with his team, to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible - which it did. I would definitely go back and have the other knee replaced by him - fortunately he has said that this is most likely not to ever be necessary! A complete professional with a great sense of charm and humour - what more can you ask for?

12th November 2018
Written by a patient at Wimbledon Clinics

I was recommended to Adrian Fairbank by a former patient of his and I could not be happier with the outcome of my double knee replacement surgery. It appears not many surgeons have the courage or conviction to do both knees at the same time but Mr Fairbank is not like other surgeons in that respect. In addition, he is a consummate professional, clear, concise, honest and dedicated to his patients’ wellbeing both in terms of their orthopaedic requirements as well as, in my case, the impact of diabetes on a major surgical event. My wife and I both felt we were a team together with Mr Fairbank throughout the time immediately after the operation and over the recovery months that followed. It is now one year on and I haven’t looked back, living for the first in many years with no pain in my knees and enjoying an active and fulfilling life. Mr Fairbank has also performed a meniscus operation on my 16 year old son and I would recommend him to treat both young and old alike. He treated my son with respect and understanding ensuring he understood the operation fully as well as the implications and recovery timescales.

8th November 2018
Written by a patient at Wimbledon Clinics

I’d been too scared to seek help for my painful knee, until a medic friend took me to one side and said I had to seek Mr Fairbank’s opinion, as he’s by far the best knee expert and orthopaedic surgeon anywhere. I duly did, and Mr Fairbank immediately put me at ease, explained very clearly what was wrong and what he needed to do to make my knee better. Having never had any surgery before this, I was incredibly nervous, but felt reassured that I was in very good hands. Mr Fairbank and his team at Parkside were absolutely wonderful and I felt very well cared for. Best of all, my knee was pain free immediately I came round from the anaesthetic. The aftercare has been thorough and very helpful, and Mr Fairbank’s patient manager at Parkside, Jessica, is very efficient and friendly - I so wish I’d gone along sooner. Mr Fairbank is a true gentleman. Not only is he a superb practitioner, he has a gentle, calm and understanding manner and a good sense of humour. I can’t recommend him highly enough.

Short link to review Mr Adrian Fairbank: http://iwgc.net/ecnke