mr-henry-r-budd-frcsorth

Mr Henry R. Budd FRCS(Orth)

40 reviews

Written by a NHS patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
9th January 2024

I have been in Mr Budds care for a herniated disc which culminated in having an operation which was great at first then I had low back pain again and just a couple of weeks later I was able to see Mr Budd again who could see I was anxious but he reassured me and said to give it some time to keep doing the physiotherapy and he's been right all along and now I am fit, well and loving life A very greatful thanks to to Mr Budd and all of his team the nurses and secretarial staff.

Written by a private patient at Mount Stuart Hospital
30th November 2023

In 2013 I had an MRI scan where a slipped disc had been noted. At that time I chose to have a back injection which worked to some degree where the pain was manageable, though had not solved the problem of the slipped disc. After suffering with back issues for many years, and after slipping on some ice in 2023 which further aggregated the condition I decided enough was enough. So I went to see Mr Henry Budd, after a further MRI scan, and discussions with Mr Budd I decided to have surgery, to "shave off the protruding disc and have tight lateral recess stenosis decompression surgery". Everything had been explained to me by Mr Budd. Post surgery, I cannot put into words the difference this has made, the back pain had immediately gone completely, some expected post opp soreness which disappeared over a few weeks with rest. The whole team at Mount Stewart Hospital Torquay were Great, made me feel at ease and comfortable. I would say don't delay and suffer like I did. My sister had similar problems where I recommended Mr Budd, she had the surgery, with immediate pain relief results as I did A personal Thanks to Mr Budd, from my Sister and myself.

16th November 2023

I would just like to say a few words about my operation which has helped me tremendously and can't thank Mr Budd enough. I am no longer in pain and am making progress much quicker than I expected also I have my independence back again and feeling more in control of my life again thankyou so much. If you are thinking of having Spinal Surgery please give it a try it's worked for me and I'm forever grateful to the Spinal Team. Kind regards Gwen French.

Written by a private patient at Mount Stuart Hospital
1st November 2023

My mother saw Mr Budd after much research in June 2023 and from the moment we met Mr Budd he was helpful, reassuring and more importantly knew what he was talking about. My mother is 83 and had been suffering with a lot of spine pain and it was getting worse. She discussed her issues with Mr Budd and he took time to listen then examined her back and promised after taking into consideration everything he would do his very best. Three months on mums quality of life has massively improved with hardly any more pain. As a family we cant thank Mr Budd enough for everything he has done and the follow up phone calls with the reassurance we can contact him again if needed. Thank you so much Jean and family

Written by a NHS patient at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
18th October 2023

I received a L4-5 decrompression and instrumented posterolateral fusion operation performed June 2023 following two years of suffering numbness from my hips down to my toes, dropped foot and loss of balance. The same day of my operation I was a new man, no numbness and able to go home the same day of operation with 28 staples in my back. Within a week had no discomfort and my posture was so much better. My wife and I are so grateful to Henry Budd for the amazing work he does and the hospital staff for the care they gave to me as my quality of life is a 100 percent so much better

Mr Budd is a Consultant Spinal Surgeon at the Royal Devon and Exeter Foundation Hospital. He qualified from the University of Birmingham in 2004 with overall Honours and completed Higher Surgical Training on the Cambridge Orthopaedic Program completing the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (England) in 2013. Fellowships were completed at The Ipswich Hospital Spinal Unit, the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital and the Schoen Klinik Munich with travelling fellowships to Hospital for Special Surgery, New York and University of California San Francisco. He was a Consultant Spinal Surgeon from 2015-2018 at The Ipswich Hospital Spinal Unit. Henry’s principle interest is the management of degenerative adult spine conditions. He is the Clinical Lead for Spinal Surgery at the Royal Devon Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust and Lead Clinician driving elective recovery appointed to the Devon Integrated Care System.