Mr Asad Qayyum FRCS(ORL-HNS), FRCS(Otol), AFRCS, DLO

Mr Asad Qayyum is a consultant ENT Surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital Cambridgeshire. Mr Qayyum is fully trained in treating all ailments related to Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery, both adult and paediatric. Mr Qayyum has worked at the St. Marys Hospital in London and completed his specialist surgical training from the prestigious Cambridge Deanery ENT Training Scheme. He had the privilege of completing a fellowship in Australia and a subsequent fellowship at the Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge providing him with super specialist exposure to complex ear problems, hearing reconstruction procedures, Diziness, Nasal and paediatric ENT problems. Mr Qayyum has extensive experience of dealing with a vast variety of ENT problems, having practised ENT on three continents. Mr Qayyum believes in making a joint decision regarding his patients care with a sensitive and holistic approach. He enjoys photography, refurbishing classic cars and gardening.

• Otolaryngology

« 1 2 3 4 »

26th September 2018
Written by a patient at Woodland Hospital

I was referred to Mr Qayyum for persistent problems with breathing through my nose that went back many years but were made worse recently by long bouts of sinusitis. During my initial consultation Mr Qayyum was able to make a swift diagnosis and explain this and the options for treatment in a way appropriate to my level of understanding and never once being patronising. The chosen options were septoplasty and the insertion of alar batten grafts. From a very early point in our discussions both me and my partner had full confidence in Mr Qayyum. Within 5 weeks of the operation I am breathing easily and deeply for the first time as far back as I can remember and sleeping without interruption. Aesthetically neither I nor friends and relations can note any significant difference. I am so pleased with the results and wish to thank Mr Qayyum for his professionalism and skill. Mr Qayyum is also one of the most approachable and polite medical professionals you will meet. Thanks again.

26th September 2018
Response from Mr Asad Qayyum FRCS(ORL-HNS), FRCS(Otol), AFRCS, DLO

Thank you very much for your very kind words of appreciation and taking time out to share your experience.

18th September 2018
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

Mr. Qayyum is the sole reason I now have my sense of smell and taste back. After 2-years of failed procedures and treatment by other doctors and living life through monochromatic lenses, I have finally found my smile. My. Qayyum was caring, attentive, polite and meticulous during the time I was under his care. It was a genuine pleasure meeting him. I cannot recommend him enough.

18th September 2018
Response from Mr Asad Qayyum FRCS(ORL-HNS), FRCS(Otol), AFRCS, DLO

Thank you very much for taking time out to write these kind words

28th July 2018
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

I saw Mr Qayyum the same day that I rang for an appointment. I had total hearing loss in one ear and was prescribed steroids and given a steroid injection. My hearing slowly returned although I do struggle with high pitch sounds in that ear but it's probably not much worse than it was prior to the total loss. I've purchased new hearing aids which help immensely. Associated with the hearing difficulties I had an awful persistant sore throat. Mr Qayyum prescribed medication for this which I took for one month and as a consequence the sore throat cleared. Mr Qayyum was very attentive and responded quickly to two emails when I had concerns. I can't recommend Mr Qayyum highly enough and I thank him for my treatment.

30th July 2018
Response from Mr Asad Qayyum FRCS(ORL-HNS), FRCS(Otol), AFRCS, DLO

Thank you very much for your kind words of support.

25th May 2018
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

I had cysts in my maxillary sinuses which needed to be removed. I was treated by Mr Qayyum who was first class throughout all stages of my treatment. He fully explained my condition and what treatment he proposed, along with recovery times and the after care required. I have now been "signed off" and I am very pleased with how the whole process went. I would also add Mr Qayyum was very courteous and made me feel important throughout. I would not hesitate in recommending him to others or seeking his help if I needed it in the future.

25th May 2018
Response from Mr Asad Qayyum FRCS(ORL-HNS), FRCS(Otol), AFRCS, DLO

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

15th May 2018
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

I was referred to Mr Qayyum via the NHS for an operation on my throat. From the very first consultation Mr Qayyum put me at my ease. He explained the procedure in simple but detailed terms so I could understand and was very reassured. After the operation he took the time to talk to my family to confirm all went well. At my final checkup Mr Qayyam explained to myself and my family exactly what he had done. Mr Qayyam has a very patient and excellent bedside manner and I would highly recommend him to others.

18th May 2018
Response from Mr Asad Qayyum FRCS(ORL-HNS), FRCS(Otol), AFRCS, DLO

Thank you very much for taking time out to write a review.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Short link to review Mr Asad Qayyum FRCS(ORL-HNS), FRCS(Otol), AFRCS, DLO: http://iwgc.net/ef9aq