Mr Aprim Youhana

1st September 2019

I.m Dave Kerr. I had an Aorta valve replacement operation by Aprim Youhana in March 2019. I have to say this man is a genius. My op went very well and I was up walking the day after and Mr youhana was popping into the ward often to see how I was. I can't thank this man enough for his obvious skill and dedication to his patients and I was privileged to have a photo taken with him a couple of days after my op. Thanks once again Mr Youhana you are so well thought of in this household. The rest of the team and nurses were awesome especially Ross in the post op ward.

13th April 2019

On August 25th 2018 and for a few occasions afterwards, I was suffering Heart Attacks due to blocked arteries. I was admitted first to Singleton Hospital. then onto Morriston. Whilst in Singleton, the staff were brilliant, but I just had to wait until a bed became available at Morriston. I was eventually transferred up there, and although I went through several wards, I ended up on Ward C, where I was until the night before my quadruple heart bypass operation. One of the nurses, who were brilliant on that ward came to see me and explained what was going to happen, and said that Aprim Youhana would come to see me on the Sunday afternoon. I thought a consultant on a Sunday no way. Anyway 2pm on the Sunday Mr Youhana came to see me in my bed. What a genius. I only made one mistake and that was asking him to explain what would happen when I went for the op. He started to explain in great deal what was going to happen, but when he got to the bit about opening up my chest, that was enough, and basically said , get on with it. Mr Youhana duly performed the operation on off I went to ITU. To my eternal shame when I started coming round from the anaesthetic, Mr Youhana was stood there with his colleagues and I asked them what the hell they were doing, and then swore at them. I have since been told that this happens in a lot of cases as the knock out juice they use is very strong and you have no idea what you are saying or doing. Any way my sincerest apologies to Mr Youhana and the gang. I will finish by saying if in the unfortunate circumstance you have to have a bypass op like mine, and Mr Youhana is to be your surgeon, you are in the finest hands possible. The man is a complete genius. If it was not primarily for this man's skill and his team, I would not be writing this today, and my wife would be a widow, my son would not have his Father. All my fault I know but I cant change the past. To Mr Youhana personally I would like to send my most sincere thanks and respect to a true legend of a man who has given me a chance to live a full life, to become a grandad and to keep on loving a wife and son who have had to put up with me being on the sick for the last 7 months. Thanks to you all, especially Mr Youhana and the staff at Morriston Cardiology Unit, you are all geniuses, very gifted humans, and the people who rely on your services, should be grateful we have you. Thanks to my wife Svetlana and son William for being there, and anyone reading this in a position of bad heart health, don't worry, with this lot you are ok. They are quite simply the best and God, in some cases Allah, bless and take care of you all.

4th September 2017

My name is John Coates. Fifteen years ago Mr Youhana gave me a life saving aorta valve replacement and explained that he expected it to last fifteen years. It lasted fifteen years and two weeks. On the 28th of March this year 2017. Mr Youhana replaced the valve again. He did not think he would have to replace it again with this one expected to last twenty years. Heart surgery does cause one understandably concern, with people like Mr Youhana in charge concern is halved. My family and I will for ever be grateful to you and all the staff of the Cyril Evans ward.

10th May 2017

I was rushed in to Morristown hospital with chest pains. I was put under the care of Mr Youhana, who explained exactly what was wrong and what needed doing, l needed a heart valve replacement . I could never be able to repay Mr Youhana or his team for all the care and support I received during my stay in hospital. I would also like to express the care I had from all the staff on Cyril Evans ward. My operation was March 2016.

15th March 2017

My name is Rodney Morris. Age 65. I was admitted to Morriston hospital on the 10th of January 2012 after having had a heart attack.Examinations showed that I required a triple heart bypass.Mr Aprim Youhana was my surgeon.He visited me the evening prior to surgery and explained precisely what was involved.This meeting was extremely reassuring and boosted my confidence greatly. It is now over 5years since my op.I have enjoyed a new lease of life which I owe to this remarkable man. I must also give credit to the team that supported him.Thank you. You will not find greater dedication anywhere.

• Cardiothoracic surgery