Morriston Hospital

Morriston, Swansea, Wales, SA6 6NL

24th July 2020

I fairness this review is not related to the staff at Morriston, they were fine, however I attended A&E at 04:30 Friday 24th July due to an ankle injury. There were 4 x people waiting in the waiting room and a predicted wait time to be seen of 6.5 hrs. When I questioned how it could possibly take so long to see so few people I was just not with a shrug of the shoulders. There must be something seriously wrong with the planning/management of the A&E department at morriston to generate this level of poor service. Something should be done to address this issue.

28th January 2020

Most of the staff in the ward were wonderful but there was a few that showed no respect at all and the patient felt bullied by one individual in particular. When transferred to another hospital the wrong information was passed on and no medication was sent with her. She left Morriston hospital with horrific infections that are still being treated and may result in losing more of her leg!

28th January 2020

22nd January 2020

I was treated with dignity and all my questions were answered. I felt involve and listened to

20th January 2020

I was sent to Pembroke Ward (Plastic Surgery),last Wednesday evening from Neath Portalbot A &E.I had bumped my thumb nail the previous Sunday and during those few days I had swelling and pain going up my arm,I also had a "red line " travelling up my arm from my wrist.I arrived on the ward and was seen very quickly by a lovely Dr,he took my history and examined my arm. Within an hour I was seen by a surgeon who told me I had an infection under my nail which was travelling toward my lymph nodes,which could have led to septicaemia if I'd left it any longer.He had to remove my nail and clean out the infection.During this time I was attended by the surgeon and the Dr,they were both very attentive,kind and courteous to myself and my husband.I couldn't fault my treatment from start to finish.

9th January 2020

This hospital needs the senior management reviewed, the customer care is nothing less than disgraceful , they keep the full detail from you and the level of care is poor overall, they have no compassion for the families of the sick, I refer the experience to the cardiac unit where things are brushed under the carpet and mistakes made on a regular basis.

Written by a member of staff
18th December 2019

This hospital has so much potential, being just off the M4, with loads of land for developing the hospital into the beacon of healthcare that South West Wales so sorely needs. Sadly, the short-sightedness of managers who occupy short-term positions before being promoted up the managerial hierarchy don't seem to take Morriston hospital seriously enough to allow the place to flourish. Why doesn't the government step in to sort out the ambulance queuing mess outside A+E, the lack of community beds to allow those who can't quite cope at home recover without needing round the clock expensive nursing care on acute hospital wards and generally cull the ever-increasing and also disproportionately increasing managerial staff? The salaries can be put to better use. The staff work so hard and manage to help people despite of, not because of, the system that they are constrained within. No wonder there is such a high level of sickness among hospital staff, when the logistic pressures are so high. Dealing with sick people is stressful enough without the additional stress of insufficient beds, insufficient access to theatres, insufficient social workers to assess those who need to be discharged, insufficient physiotherapy cover on weekends to allow fit and well people to go home safely, insufficient car parking to allow staff to get into work at the correct time, rather than arriving an hour early simply to get a car park space, insufficient flexibility in nursing shifts so that nurses cannot clock off early but do not get paid when clocking off late, insufficient access to hot meals without staff joining long canteen queues when they only have a 30 min break, insufficient broadband speed to allow timely access to important patient information and digital communication, insufficient mobile phone cover inside hospitals so that some members of staff are uncontactable at work, insufficient access to fresh air or a place to simply sit down outdoors for 5 minutes without being overwhelmed by patients smoking outside the hospital entrance areas. What can I say? The staff at Morriston hospital somehow manage to do a great job despite being overwhelmed by an insufficient supporting service. The solution? Fewer managers and more funding for direct patient care, with better care of the healthcare providers please.

12th December 2019

Staff very helpful The parking is absolutely appalling, you have better chance of winning the lottery than finding a parking space

{{category}} working at Morriston Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Morriston Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4lf