Mr Anthony Rate

Written by a carer at The Royal Oldham Hospital
9th May 2020

My mother was under the care of Dr Rate. He showed nothing but arrogance and lack of care. Dr Rate had operated on my mother for a mild gallstone only to find he didn’t carry out the surgery properly and failed to stitch her properly. On the 3rd day she almost died and was put into a coma. It took her 6 weeks to get out of coma and a further 2 months to leave the hospital. After going through all this torture and pain each and every time I would speak to Dr Rate he would always avoid to speak to me or avoid me. I later lost my loving wife after 4 months. She was a fighter and struggled severely for this duration. AVOID Dr Rate at any cost. Take this advice from a broken husband. Thanks for reading.

Written by a patient at The Royal Oldham Hospital
24th December 2019

Although his bedside manor leaves alot to be desired. He is brilliant at his job. Says it as it is. If hes not happy to do something will not hesitate to tell you. This surgeon has kept me alive for the past 12 years now, even tho I've never been the easiest of patients hes never turned me away! It looks like he likes a challenge! I would recommend, till me dying breath!!

Short link to review Mr Anthony Rate: http://iwgc.net/eedf