Miss Nicola Topping

• Ophthalmology

7th July 2017
Written by a member of staff at York Hospital

I am a junior doctor who works with Ms Topping at York Hospital, and Ms Topping is a model that I aspired to be completely different from when I become a consultant in the near future. I want to be more caring towards my patients than Ms Topping. I want to be more professional than Ms Topping. I will not raise my voice towards my colleagues, especially junior doctors. I want to be fair to both males and females. I will not have gender preference. I want to be approachable. I hope Ms Topping reads this, or someone will guide her to this page. I know she is busy with her private practice every Saturday morning. Does she realise that she a bit of effort can make her a better doctor?

9th June 2017
Written by a carer at York Hospital

A good doctor is one who involves patient in decision-making, respecting everyone and not only the person who matters to you and educate her patients. Unfortunately, for Miss Topping at York Hospital, she does neither of the above three. One wonders how she managed to be a doctor in the first place, let alone an eye consultant. Once in the clinic, I witnessed Miss Topping raising her voice to a junior doctor. Poor thing has to work with her. I am luckier as I have since then tasked my GP to refer me to another eye clinic. Good luck to all her colleagues and patients. She does need to change her attitude and work on her crap communication skills. Honest review here.

26th April 2017
Written by a patient at York Hospital

It feels like she is making all the decisions and want to be the boss all the time. I recommend she works on her communication skills and be more empathetic to her patients and colleagues. do not judge others because you do not know what one is going through. neither are you perfect.

Nearest Ophthalmologists