Miss Kavita Goswami

• Obstetrics and Gynaecology

10th April 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

Personally, my experience with this surgeon was terrible. I found her to be very brusque and constantly late, but yet no patience with me when I was undressing, etc. I found her very cold and not very thorough. On the day of the procedure, there seemed to be too many patients booked for surgery. She never examined the site of the op site afterward and paid a very fleeting visit the day after. The procedure has not been a success and I am now worse off than before the surgery. However, when I went back for a post-op consultation she refused to listen to my concerns. I am truly sorry that I ever met this surgeon and sincerely wish I had followed my gut instinct and found a more able and caring professional.

25th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

Made me feel comfortable throughout. Also made time to visit before and after the procedure to reassure me about what was happening, and then what to expect post operation. Extremely pleased.

28th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

Mrs Goswami was extremely polite. She put my mind at ease and instantly took away nerves I had before going in. She had my wellbeing as a priority and constantly asked if I was ok. All in, a very helpful, caring, knowledgeable consultant.

18th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

Brilliant doctor. Very happy with the service provided. Will definitively come back. Thank you.

23rd January 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Meriden Hospital

Miss Goswami was invariably late for every consultation. During our meetings, she was arrogant and condescending and took my questions about her experience in my particular procedure personally. Although she was always late and behind schedule, she was very impatient when I was disrobing ahead of her examinations. I felt very rushed during our consultations. She is female and my problem is a female one, and so I felt that perhaps she would do a better job than a male surgeon so I didn't listen to my heart ahead of the procedure. On the day of the procedure, she was again late and she had scheduled a whole afternoon of back-to-back surgeries. She came to my room ahead of the procedure but was very rushed and abrupt. I was so tempted at that stage to call the whole thing off, but I was so anxious to get my problem resolved that I stayed. I regret that decision now. After that surgery, she never came to check on me (unlike previous surgeons that I have encountered). The following day she came, but did not even examine the wound. She spoke exactly 36 words to me (I counted). On the day of discharge, we (the ward staff, my family, and I) had to wait the whole day for her to come around and finally discharge me. That too was a hurried and begrudging affair. I was not happy with the outcome of the surgery. However, when I went back and voiced my dissatisfaction to Miss Goswami, she basically dismissed my opinion and told me that she had done all that she could do for me. Physically, I have been left in a worse position that before the surgery. I regret ever meeting Miss Goswami to be honest and wish that I had relied on my gut instinct from the outset. In every other walk of life, the consumer/client/customer has rights and is protected. I feel it is wrong that surgeons can just collect their fat pay cheque after surgery regardless of outcome. I wish this system could be changed and surgeons were held more accountable.

Nearest Obstetricians and gynaecologists