Dr Siwan Thomas Gibson

Dr Thomas-Gibson is a consultant Gastroenterologist with a specialist interest in endoscopy. She has worked as a consultant since 2006 and is currently the Clinical Lead for Endoscopy in The Wolfson Unit for Endoscopy at St.Mark's Hospital, a designated World Centre of Excellence for Endoscopy. She also works at the London Clinic in Harley Street London. Her special interests are in Bowel Cancer screening, the detection and treatment of pre-cancerous polyps (growths) in the bowel; colonoscopy for evaluation and treatment of bowel disease; diagnosis, assessment and management of inflammatory bowel disease as well as the diagnosis and management of other gastrointestinal conditions. She has an extensive track record in research and teaching in the field of academic endoscopy and focuses on high quality and safety in endoscopy. She is dedicated to delivering excellent care for all patients within the departments in which she works.

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

Latest Reviews

22nd April 2016
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

An excellent doctor, who listens to, and speaks with, rather than at, her patient. No niggling worries the patient may have is too trivial for her consideration and she goes out of her way to explain and re-assure. She encompasses knowledge, skill, experience and dedication . What more can a patient need?

22nd January 2016
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

Dr Thomas-Gibson is a wonderful doctor. She is extremely knowledgeable and also has a very genuine caring approach.

4th December 2015
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

She was very patient by answering all my question given my lack of knowledge in the field. She is also empathetic by listening carefully to my concerns and understanding were I was coming from.

1st August 2014
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

I had a colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago. Dr Thomas Gibson and the rest of the nurses were so wonderful. I never expected to have such a pleasant experience during such an unpleasant procedure! Having said that, I was quite nervous before the colonoscopy but the staff at St Mark's were very supportive and reassuring and put my mind at ease so the procedure itself wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had thought. I give the NHS great credit. We have an absolutely fantastic service with very dedicated and hard working people who are often very over worked and sadly over looked. Dr Thomas Gibson and the rest of the nurses are the reason why I rate the NHS so highly. Thank you for looking after me!

20th June 2014
Written by a patient at St Mark's Hospital

The whole experience with Dr Thomas- Gibson including the initial consultation, colonoscopy and results was a seamless exercise, she was extremely empathetic and this assured me that I could trust her explicitly. I have no hesitation in recommending her as an excellent doctor, especially to other woman who may feel embarrassed to see a male doctor.

Nearest Gastroenterologists