Dr Richard Quinton

• Endocrinology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

3rd January 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Victoria Infirmary

My appointment today with Dr Quinton was above and beyond. His registrar had not come in and therefore he had to deal with both sets of patients. He did this without seeming to be put out at all and answered all my questions in a pleasant and helpful manner. I have known Dr Quinton since being put under his care 40 years ago and i have no complaint at all about him

8th October 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Victoria Infirmary

I have had to deal with a lot of doctors over the years: rude ones, apathetic ones, hard-to-contact ones, and self-important ones. I have been under Dr Quinton for the last 6 months and he is something special. He is clearly a man of great erudition, but he wears it very well and with humility. His 'bedside' manner seems excellently honed and it is clear that he puts a lot of thought into how he approaches his patients. This makes the world of difference when you're talking about quite embarrassing things! In particular, I really like the way he involves you as the patient in your own care. Patients want to be involved in their healthcare (well, the great majority do I would imagine!). In my case, Dr Quinton is extremely quick at replying to messages from me or my GP - he doesn't seem to communicate via a PA. Additionally, I travel to see him from quite some distance, and on one occasion I'm sure he came into work on a 'day off' or a day when he was meant to be at another hospital. That's dedication. In terms of his consulting practice, a really effective thing he did in front of me was dictate the letter he was going to send to my GP after our appointment. No other consultant has done that with me before, and it really makes you feel 'involved' in the process of healthcare. If you are a patient under Dr Quinton you are in very good hands.

10th July 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Victoria Infirmary

Dr Quinton is a fantastic Doctor. He took me on as a referral on short notice, as i was travelling abroad. He really understood my situation and challenges. He went the extra mile in supporting me. Wish i had met him 20 years ago!

18th June 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Victoria Infirmary

I have had the best care possible from Dr Quinton.

2nd May 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Victoria Infirmary

I came away from my consultation feeling very reassured as Dr Quinton is clearly a very intelligent, decent man. I didn't feel like my concerns were being dismissed as I frequently have in the past when dealing with medical professionals.

Nearest Endocrinologists