royal-victoria-infirmary

Royal Victoria Infirmary

Queen Victoria Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, England, NE1 4LP

Written by
27th January 2023

Yesterday I visited the RVI Eye OPD which was extremely busy, I witnessed an act of wonderful caring and kindness - a nurse brought an elderly gentleman from a treatment room into the main waiting area I presume to wait for his transport. She asked if he was comfortable and asked if he would like a cup of tea which she duly brought along with a table to put it on.Seconds later she reappeared with a packet of biscuits and proceeded to open them and place them within his reach. This act of kindness really touched me and and made me as an ex nurse very proud to know that in the present upheaval of the NHS there are still so many staff with true caring and compassion. Well done RVI and all it’s staff members!

25th July 2022

Dermatology. I had an appointment to see a dermatologist "or member of team", about a skin cancer on my face. I was a bit anxious. When I got there I found it was actually an appointment to have it photographed, no doctor involved. they would look at it and "let me know in afew weeks". This was a huge let-down. There was no mention of photographs in the appointment letter, I was expecting a doctor. Whoever does the letters should get their act together and sort this out.

3rd July 2022

I attended eye casualty on Weds 28/6/22 The triage nurse Ann was so professional, it’s a pity she hasn’t a more private area to ask her very appropriate questions. My eye test completed by another very jolly nurse and then to see Dr “Will” personally I disagree with being introduced with a forename, I am Mrs M and he is my Dr a professional relationship not a friendship, familiarity breeds contempt. I cannot fault this dept. Unfortunately a gentleman who was blind ( had an aid) was sitting long before I went to see the Dr, he actually went to reception and asked if a porter was in his way.As I was leaving, I thanked the staff and then looked to see if the gentleman had gone, he hadn’t, I offered to take him to his destination which was pharmacy. He was very grateful and also informed reception, I think he’d been waiting an hour. His wait was going to be 20 mins in pharmacy and he asked the pharmacist to put on his script he needed a porter no chair to go to the exit point for a taxi. I offered to stay but indicated to the pharmacist where he was seated. He made a valid point, why can’t the script go electronically from dept to dept??? very sensible. My heart went out for this chap and I’m wondering if more porters are required, but a volunteer would have been ok, after all he isn’t “ sick” just disabled, please please investigate the incident and rectify it.

12th March 2022

All staff I have met at the RVI have been polite and very capable. The facilities are very good. I have used the PIU, X-ray, Endocrinology, Blood Testing and Interventional Radiology services. All of them are excellent. The location of the RVI is somewhat difficult to access but we have been able to manage. Either I have failed to find them or there are not many toilets available to outpatients. In every other respect the facilities are very good.

Safe

{{category}} working at Royal Victoria Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Victoria Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb4vt