25th August 2020

I have had two procedures carried out by Dr. Ratnavel and on both occasions his work was excellent. I found him to be a highly caring and professional in his dealings with me and he took the time to listen and to explain every step of the procedure he was carrying out. His ability to carry out surgery while leaving minimal scarring was amazing. I consider him to be very trustworthy and I would highly recommend him.

30th July 2020

Like most of us I’ve seen many doctors and health professionals over my lifetime and Dr Ratnavel was one I’ve really clicked with. I really like his style of doctoring. I feel there’s something far more respectable with how he come across, as opposed to all other doctors I’ve come across before. Not saying all Doctors I’ve experienced before were rubbish, just that Dr Ratnavel is a stand out. Dr Ratnavel took time to get back ground and touch on other potential health issues (weight being the main one for me) not just the particular one I’d been to see him for. My weight has been flagged before in the past but due to the manner in which it had been addressed in the past, the issue went over my head. On this occasion I’ve made steps towards addressing it for a long term, better life. He gave advise on how to address the issue as well which was brilliant. I came away from the whole experience feeling positive and all the better having been to see him. He seemed to genuinely care. What an asset to the world and important person to have looking after peoples issues and ailments. I really couldn’t recommend highly enough.

25th June 2020

I was first referred to Dr Ratnavel in 2005 for an itchy skin blemish which he diagnosed as a basal cell carcinoma and successfully removed. Since that time, I have suffered from a number of skin conditions (unfortunately as a result of sun damage), as well as more BCCs and two squamous cell carcinomas, and each time he has been consistently thorough and positive in his diagnoses, and all his treatments have been extremely successful. Dr Ratnavel is always calm and reassuring, particularly during my necessary minor surgery procedures which have always been carried out pain-free. He is also quite remarkable in being able to minimise scarring, especially those on my face, which has regularly impressed all who know me. Indeed, the nurses who have removed the stitches each time were very impressed, the last stating that they were "the best I've ever seen". In between appointments, Dr Ratnavel has been very happy for me to email him with any concerns that I have and has readily responded, usually within a few hours. I have enormous confidence in Dr Ratnavel and have happily recommended him to a number of friends and family, and will continue to do so.

25th June 2020

As my husband has been a patient of Dr Ratnavel for many years due to various skin issues resulting from sun damage, all of which have been treated extremely successfully, I was very happy to be referred to him for a tiny, but rather unsightly, facial wart which he advised he could remove very easily. As per protocol, he then examined the rest of me but immediately focused on a large mole on my arm which had a small “freckle” at its centre. I should say here that because my brother had died, aged 37, from malignant melanoma in a mole just five months after he was diagnosed, I was extremely aware of the potential dangers of moles that change in appearance, therefore I had already consulted my GP about it when it first appeared approximately three years before my appointment with Dr Ratnavel. At that time, my GP looked at it, smiled, and said it was harmless – just a freckle – so my mind was completely set at rest. I mentioned all of this to Dr Ratnavel but he continued to inspect the mole, clearly unhappy, and said that bearing in mind my family history, he firmly recommended that he remove the “freckle” and it be sent away for analysis which was duly carried out seven days later. I really did think nothing more about it until ten days later when Dr Ratnavel telephoned me to advise that the histology report had confirmed that the “freckle” was an early melanoma, and he firmly recommended the removal of the entire mole. To say that I was shocked would be an understatement and as the memories of my brother’s suffering for the five months before he died all came flooding back, I was hugely relieved when Dr Ratnavel quickly booked me in for the procedure which was carried out with the minimum of fuss (it was a large mole), discomfort and scarring. Ten days later, Mr Ratnavel again telephoned me but this time with the happy news that the histology report had confirmed it was all clear, therefore any future risk that I might have with it was now completely gone. I cannot describe my relief when I learned this. As I have written, I had initially consulted Dr Ratnavel over something as trivial as a tiny wart on my face but if it hadn’t been for his diligence in spotting the “freckle” in my mole – which my GP had originally declared harmless three years before! - and his caring concern for me due to my family history, there might have been a different outcome altogether. I firmly believe he saved my life. Since that time, thirteen years ago, I have had a few other thankfully very minor skin issues but each time Dr Ratnavel has been knowledgeable, reassuring, diligent, and extremely caring, and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who has skin concerns – even a tiny wart! - as they will be in very, very safe hands.

www.ratnavel.com