dr-rashad-nawaz

Written by a carer at Meadway Health Centre
27th November 2014

Both my children have separately been referred to Dr Nawaz over a 12 month period. Having met with him regarding my son I was able to reassure my daughter that she was going to meet a very nice Dr indeed. First impressions really count and on our first appointment, due to an administrative error we had been double booked with another family. Used to the oppressive and dictatorial NHS culture I waited to see what would happen, but Dr Nawaz himself came out to speak to both families together in the waiting area. He was respectful and apologetic as he explained the situation. I was really impressed when he asked how we would like to resolve the situation. There was a short and amiable discussion and a mutually agreeable solution facilitated by Dr Nawaz was reached. Immediately I appreciated his respectful approach to us as his patients. With both of my children, the consultations were relaxed and unrushed. Dr Nawaz took great pains to talk first to the children to get their point of view and was patient with their answers, giving them time to respond and think. In this way he also was able to build a rapport with the child and find out about any problems from their perspective. His listening skills are excellent and he is able to reflect back sometimes garbled information from the children (and me) to help clarify what they are saying. He has a gentle manner and good interpersonal skills and comes across as very warm and caring. I also found him to be diligent in his pursuit of eliminating other potential medical issues. A really lovely doctor whose diagnosis has really helped my son to get the help that he needs to succeed in his school life. As a result, my son is happier and more confident child who is able to finally blossom. Also, great shoes. :) Thank you Dr Nawaz.

Written by a carer at Conway Road Health Centre
26th November 2014

Dr Nawaz has looked after my two boys, both in acute and community paediatrics. He a wonderful clinician who demonstrates first class clinical care. He is very knowledgeable is his chosen field and takes great care to explain about the relevant conditions in a clear way, so that as a parent, one feels included. I particularly like his approach with my children and they look forward to seeing him. He genuinely seems to care. He is one of the best and most professional paediatrcians I have come across!

Born and bred up in Yorkshire. Graduated from Manchester Medical School 1992. Specialist Paediatric Training North West 1998-2003. Paediatric Consultant at University Hospital South Manchester (Wythenshawe) from 2003 to 2013. Paediatric Consultant at Trafford Child Health (part of Pennine Care NHS Trust) from 2013 till present. Qualifications MBChB, DCH, MRCPCH. GMC 3618051 Clinical interests include ADHD, General and Social Paediatrics, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Eating Disorders, Bowel problems including Constipation. For private consultations please contact me via my website www.manchesterpaediatrician.com

Nearest Paediatricians