Dr Omendra (Omi) Narayan

Written by a carer at Spire Manchester Hospital
19th February 2020

Omi was very thorough in his consultation, giving us the time to share the medical history before he started with his feedback of the situation. We live in Pakistan where Cystic Fibrosis is very rare so he shared alot of new information and gave us as detailed answers as possible for any questions that we had. He was very patient and did not dismiss any of our questions. Once we were all on the same page he then recommended tests to further asses the condition of my brother (patient) before he could give us a plan of action that would help us in the long run and furthermore he made sure to find alternatives for medicines and equipments that we may not be able to find in Pakistan. I am very thankful for the hope he renewed in our family with regards to my brothers health and well being. My brother was under Omi's care at Spire hospital during which he needed to get a line passed. My brother has needle phobia but Omi was very patient and continued to calm him down and explain the procedure for one hour (without exaggeration) before he got comfortable and agreed to let him do it. He went out of his way to accommodate to our needs and help us for which we will be forever thankful! The world can use more people and doctors like him.

Written by a carer at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
5th February 2020

I cannot recommend Dr Narayan enough. My 18 month old son had a constant cough for nearly 10 months and any illness went straight to his chest. After taking him to the GP over 10 times and him being treated for suspected reflux, Toby ended up in hospital with Pneumonia for 4 days over Christmas and so we decided to get specialist help. Within 10 minutes Omi had identified that Toby’s air intake was less on one side - an hour and a chest X-ray later we left with a diagnosis for a rare but completely treatable and curable chest infection. Unfortunately the first lot of antibiotics didn’t agree with Toby but Omi responded to my emails promptly (and he was on holiday at this time!!) and organised another prescription which has worked. 3 weeks after visiting Dr Narayan for the 1st time, Toby has now been signed off and is not coughing, not on any medication and not using an inhaler. In addition to sorting out my child’s illness, Omi also put my mind at rest with every piece of communication I had with him, email or in person. He is thorough and I never once questioned his approach or advice. Thank you so much!!

Written by a carer at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
6th January 2020

I took my Son to see Dr Narayan as he had breathing Difficulties. Dr Narayan was absolutely fantastic and I cannot recommend him enough. My son is now fine And it's all thanks to him.

Written by a carer at Pall Mall Medical
3rd December 2019

Dr Narayan thoroughly reviewed my daughter's condition and was prepared to explore all possibilities to establish the root problem. Dr Narayan was extremely accommodating with appointments and even examined my daughter at the weekend. We had excellent care from Dr Narayan and I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

NHS : Respiratory Paediatrician at Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, Manchester Private: Respiratory Paediatrician at BMI Alexandra Cheadle and Spire Manchester

Nearest Paediatricians