Dr Philip Hammond

I trained as a GP and worked as one for 20 years before retraining as an associate specialist in the young people's specialist Chronic Fatigue/ME service at the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases NHS Fountation trust in Bath (the Mineral Hopsital). We work as a team of doctors, psychologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, support staff and managers under the leadership of Dr Esther Crawley. I also work as a health writer for Reveal magazine, the Times and the Daily Telegraph, an investigative journalist on health matters for Private Eye magazine, under the pseudonym MD, a broadcaster for BBC Radio Bristol and an occasional TV presenter (e.g. Long Live Britain, BBC1, Countdown Channel 4) . I also work as stand up comedian (but always protect patient confidentiality). I am a longstanding campaigner for compassion, safety and transparency in the NHS, a Vice President of the Patients’ Association and a patron of Meningitis UK, the Doctors’ Support Network, the Herpes Viruses Association, Patients First and Kissing It Better. Details of my work outside medicine are available at www.drphilhammond.com

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

11th February 2014

This meeting was a turning point for me, he gave me the best advice possible for my recovery. I am an CFS/M.E sufferer, he has given me great hope about my future. Thanks!

28th January 2014

Our appointment was an hour and a half which was a good amount of time to go through everything.

28th January 2014

The length of the appointment was just right - giving enough time to cover all aspects, from both parties. The Doctor really listened, which helped to identify a plan for the future. Both patient and parent were taken into consideration. Thank you.

26th January 2014

Dr Hammond was fantastic and very thorough.I would recomend him highly,he listened to our daughter and was very positive and helpfull

25th January 2014

Dr Hammond told us we had up to an hour and a half for our consultation so we knew from the start that we would not be rushed. He explained everything in great detail and despite having an older sibling with CFS my daughter and I learned for the first time exactly why she awoke exhausted each day. My daughter was told by Dr Hammond that lazy people never get CFS and this was for her the most positive thing about the consultation as she has been made to feel like a shirker at school. We found Dr Hammond to be friendly, informative, helpful and amusing. His story about Millie's cookies was particularly funny and relevant.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »