« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a carer at Wythenshawe Hospital
8th October 2020

My family and I met Dr Chaudhuri whilst my grandmother was admitted under her care at Wythenshawe hospital. Dr Chaudhuri had a professional and warm approach from our first encounter. Her medical expertise especially in dealing with my grandmother’s difficult to control chronic lung condition was invaluable. She listened to our family’s concerns and was extremely approachable. She was able to communicate clearly and empowered us with the explanations and information needed to make informed decisions regarding my grandmothers care. Dr Chaudhuri went above and beyond to make my grandmother feel comfortable and well cared for during her stay. We are so grateful for her time and are indebted to her for taking care of us all during a challenging time. She is an exemplary clinician. Thank you!

3rd July 2020

My experience of the IPF trial systems leaves a lot to be desired. 18 months ago I received a letter suggesting I phone two separate numbers concerning new IPF trials. This I did and both respondents said they would be back in touch later with further information. Neither did. 6 months ago the doctor I saw on one of my regular visits suggested the Atlas trial that was being run and contacted them with my details. I received details of the trials with information that I had been accepted but needed to phone confirming my acceptance. When I did this the following day I was told the acceptance list was now full and I was not included. Does this indicate that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing ???

3rd July 2020
Response from Dr Nazia Chaudhuri

I apologise for your experience with the trials unit - Unfortunately we do have limited capacity regarding patient numbers of trials and sometimes they can get their maximum numbers in the time the doctor has spoken to you about the trial and the time you have had to read and digest the information. I'm afraid the inclusion for trials is very complicated and there isnt any guarantee that you would meet the criteria and i apologise that wasnt explained to you. I am more than happy to discuss with you directly if you contact my secretary and leave your details

30th June 2020

when I was first diagnosed I felt very alone and uncertain of my future, I was being seen by a very nice consultant but I felt that nothing was being done. I was eventually referred to the ILD clinic at Wythenshawe and was seen by Dr. Chaudhuri since then I have total faith that I am getting the best care possible, she listens to what I and my family say and always has the right answers for us. As I live quite a way from Wythenshawe she arranged for me to see her at Manchester Royal where she runs a weekly clinic and is more convenient for me to get to, this is the kind of thoughtful thing she does. She is very caring and knowledgeable, she also is willing to give her time to the support group I attend. She has visited us a couple of times and nothing is too much trouble for her. Since lockdown she has organised zoom meetings with her department and patients and also joins in with our local support group zoom meetings. I can not praise her highly enough.

1st July 2020
Response from Dr Nazia Chaudhuri

Thank you so much for your lovely review x

30th June 2020

ZOOM SUPPORT GROUP - this goup is run by the ILD team from Wythenshawe hospital, the staff regularly hold these meeting for their patients and they are extremely helpful. We are able to discuss with the team and other group members and fears and concerns we have during this horrible period of Covid19 shielding. If they are unable to answer our questions immediately they will check up on the answer and let us know. Its very reassuring that the team are thinking and caring about us in these uncertain times. I believe that Wythenshawe ILD team is the best in the country and cannot praise them highly enough. Dr Chaudhuri in particular is extemely caring and is an excellent doctor.

30th June 2020

The team have always been kind and caring Giving advice and easing fears. Explaing the disease and suggesting methods of reducing the stress of the symptoms.

« 1 2 3 4 »

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Chest Medicine

Dr Nazia Chaudhuri is a consultant physician with a specialist interest in Interstitial lung disease (ILD- commonest Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis IPF) at the University Hospital of South Manchester, UK. She graduated with a first class honours degree in medicine and genetics in relation to medicine at the University of Leeds in 1999. She then worked as a respiratory trainee in the South Yorkshire deanery. During this time she performed a PhD looking at the effects of air pollution in particular diesel particles on the airways. She has publications and reviews related to her PhD work and continued with her research interests as an NIHR Clinical lecturer. Dr Chaudhuri has developed a clinical interest in managing patients with ILD and has built upon this during her time at UHSM. She has been involved in improving the service by setting up a regional network, developing a patient database and is the principle investigator in clinical trials in IPF. Dr Chaudhuri has also published our experiences in prescribing pirfenidone in a peer reviewed journal. Dr Chaudhuri is a member of the British Thoracic Society steering group for the ILD registry. She is also a consultant member of the British Thoracic Society Council and Standards of care committee.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists