Dr Mark Heafield

• Neurology

23rd October 2017
Written by a carer at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Obnoxious, arrogant man who has no care or ‘bedside manner’ at when he should have some compassion and understanding of patients anxieties. I notice a review has been removed. I took my father to see this person and I will never forget that day as long as I live . He dismissed everything we tried to tell or ask him, made me cry with his uncaring attitude at a time where we were desperate for help. He did no examination, did not go into previous notes and records of my fathers and sent him home making him feel an inconvenience telling him there was no need for further tests. I had to carry my sobbing father back to the car. He died within the next two months. I detest this man and hold him responsible for the lack of professionalism, care and treatment my Dad could have had , resulting in his death. You may delete as you have another family members review but you will not stop our opinion of this man I truly believe should be struck off and suffer for his actions as we have.

20th October 2017
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

I was quite surprised by the negative reviews of Dr Heatfield as my recent (first time) experience of him was totally different to the other reviews. I found him open, honest and forthright. Okay, he didn't mince his words, but that is something I find lacking in so many people around me and Dr Heatfield's direct approach was like a breath of fresh air. I didn't feel rushed by Dr Heatfield; he answered my questions and after me telling him at the beginning of the appointment that he needed to look directly at me due to my hearing loss, he did so. If you want simpering platitudes, I guess this is not the doctor for you.

12th June 2017
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

I went to see this Dr today ,I was very nervous and scared anyway , I had completely shut down by the end of the visit and was a total wreck, he was so rude and arrogant. I understand he works under pressure, and while he may well be good at his job, manners are free ,as is reassurance, I have yet to go back and I'm totally dreading going, please try and work on this , I do believe you are a good Dr ,just please understand this is a scary time ,not just for myself but for others coming to see you too

26th April 2017
Written by a carer at Malvern Health Centre

Ghastly would recommend avoiding. Found him worse than unpleasant. Arrogant and very unprofessional.

20th March 2017
Written by a carer at Worcestershire Royal Hospital

Dr Heafield was very rude and was very unprofessional to my mother, its like he didn't have any respect for her at all. Stay away from this man! The first appointment we attended was a disaster. Waited three quarters of an hour to see Dr Heafield to be called in by a nurse to be told he was on holiday. The nurse there couldn't apologize enough and handed us a leaflet and told us to complain to the hospital, which we have done. The second appointment we walked in and he never even looked up to say hello and he told my mum off for missing her appointment! Said I don't think you have anything wrong and I've never been wrong without even examining her at all? Even though she has had an aneurysm before. A very impatient man! Avoid, take your loved ones to someone who actually cares and has time for people.

Short link to review Dr Mark Heafield: http://iwgc.net/etub