Dr Maria Slattery

Latest Reviews

9th June 2016
Written by a patient at Preston Park Surgery

I saw Dr Slattery today as my doctor was unavailable. She was lovely, just what you need form a GP.

25th May 2016
Written by a patient at Preston Park Surgery

She is respectful and conscientious

25th February 2016
Written by a patient at Preston Park Surgery

Dr Slattery was attentive and helpful when I called in to explain a sudden case of extremely painful abdominal cramps, and recommended an over-the-counter painkiller that worked well. She offered an emergency appointment the same evening, and when I arrived experiencing severe pain she hastened to make time to see me. She took the condition seriously and made sure to rule out any acute threatening condition. She and the Preston Park Surgery in general seem to be under strain to serve all of their patients, and I am not impressed in general with the way the NHS is organised at the GP level, in comparison to the way the health system is organised in the Netherlands, where I lived for the previous four years. But Dr Slattery is a fine doctor whom I'd be happy to recommend and I think the problems mainly lie in the under-resourcing and inefficient organisation of the NHS as a whole, rather than with hardworking individual doctors.

27th August 2015
Written by a patient at Preston Park Surgery

Dr Slattery is one of the two most conscientious and sensitive doctors I've ever had. While being totally professional, she is honest, warm and caring, and encourages me to be an expert on my own health - no talking down or superiority. Wish every GP were this good!

15th August 2015
Written by a patient at Preston Park Surgery

Dr Slattery is one of the best Doctors i have ever had. I always feel listened to and consulted. She takes time to explain things properly. She is completely thorough too. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Short link to review Dr Maria Slattery: http://iwgc.net/edfo