Dr Karen Sennett
30th March 2022
Dr Sennett was briefly my GP in 2020
I urgently had to change GP for the following reasons:
- Shortly after joining the surgery Dr Sennett phoned me in an hysterical manner informing that she was no longer prepared to issue my long term medication as 'it costs the NHS money' and that 'american drug companies are robbing the NHS'.
- She tried to switch out my antidepressant for a different medication which she stated was cheaper and was an identical generic. I was aware that this was not the case, it was a different drug, but she was screaming and yelling down the phone at me in a completely unacceptable way. This was only resolved when other members of staff at the surgery and their prescribing pharmacist intervened.
- Following this, every month, Dr Sennett repeatedly assured that she had sent my prescription to the pharmacy as we had agreed but the Pharmacist kept telling me she hadn't. The Pharmacist refused point blank to speak with Dr Sennett and vice versa, creating a bizarre stand off situation where I was in the middle and neither of them were prepared to speak to one another and both of them conflicted.
- The above severely threatened my mental health and left me suicidal and self harming. I already have a long history of problems and I was very clear to Dr Sennett and the surgery that her bizarre behaviour was risking my life.
- The interactions with Dr Sennett literally traumatised me in their own right and triggered my personal trauma which is severe and I have PTSD from.
- All of this took place at the beginning of lockdowns and covid unfolding when times were already stressful.
- Dr Sennett refused to make me referrals and refused to give me continuity for investigations and hospital teams I was already under, again compromising my health.
- None of my health problems were taken seriously, I was messed around and made to look like a dishonest drug seeker to my pharmacy, I was yelled at, spoken over the top of, not listened to, fobbed off, and had to deal with what quite frankly seem to be someone's very serious personality issues or mental health problems when they are supposed to be my GP.
I am glad to have changed surgery now. I am writing this review even though time has gone past because I want to know anyone else who is suffering these problems with either Dr Sennett or at that surgery, it's NOT YOUR FAULT, you have done nothing wrong. Nobody but nobody should be subjected to this treatment. Lease of all anyone vulnerable or struggling with their health. It is wholly unacceptable.