Dr David Uncles

I am a specialist Anaesthetist with interests in Obstetric, Ambulatory and Inpatient anaesthesia. I am dedicated to putting the patient first through the provision of safe and reassuring care delivered in conjunction with my colleagues and associates. I was present at the inauguration of the Helsinki Declaration in June 2010. This enshrines the values essential to the promotion of the highest professional and safety standards expected of anaesthetists. It is my hope to match or even exceed the expectations of patients who place their trust in me.

22nd January 2020

David was great. He visited me and my partner in my room before surgery to discuss the procedure and addressed any concerns I had. He definitely put my mind at rest having not had surgery for 17 years. When I went down to theatre he talked to me whilst putting in the cannula etc and made me feel at ease. I felt good after surgery and didn't have any nausea. Thank you for making me feel relaxed.

23rd January 2020
Response from Dr David Uncles

Thank you for recording your positive experience of your surgical procedure. David Uncles

21st January 2020

Dr Uncle was very easy to talk to and definitely put my mind at rest. I felt completely secure in his hands. I had no post-operative affects after surgery. There was no feeling of nausea and I was amazed how well I felt after the Operation. I was totally relaxed and and at ease.

23rd January 2020
Response from Dr David Uncles

So glad your journey from start to finish was so relaxing! David Uncles

Written by a carer at BMI Goring Hall Hospital
17th January 2020

The moment I met Dr Uncles it was like taking to a close friend who you very much at home with, and if you about to under go life changing surgery he put me completely at my ease

23rd January 2020
Response from Dr David Uncles

Thank you for your kind words David Uncles

Written by a patient at Worthing Hospital
15th January 2020

First time I had a general anaesthetic, was very reassuring. Pleased I was offered alternative pain medication to that initially advised after I raised concern over ibuprofen use with coronary artery disease. After taking a couple of tablets as a precaution only, I was amazed I didn’t actually need to take any!

23rd January 2020
Response from Dr David Uncles

I'm glad to hear of your experience, and requirement for minimal analgesia post-operatively. Kind regards David Uncles

12th January 2020

While I only interacted with Dr Uncles briefly compared to my consultations with the surgeon, I recall a very caring, relaxed approach that put me at ease. He explained things clearly and patiently in our initial meeting. Lying in the pre-op room in the minutes before an operation and anaesthestic to be administered is a nervous time, and Dr Uncles, by simply being chatty about holidays and mundane things in those few minutes, put me more at ease.

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists