St Richard's Hospital

Spitalfield Lane, Chichester, West Sussex, England, PO19 6SE

1 2 3 4 5 29,994 reviews

19th August 2020

I arrived at the a&e department on Sunday afternoon 20th August after calling 111 and an ambulance crew were sent out to access me after suffering sharp pains to the left side of my chest. The paramedics were wonderful and very caring After arriving sat the hospital bloods were taken and I was wheeled into a cubicle where I was left for over 3 hours totally ignored and desperate for a drink of water. I tried to contact the nurses but they seemed to be more interested in taking to each other. I was never offend drink the whole time When I finally was discharged after not having anything to drink for over 4 hours I was dehydrated so went straight to the shop in the main entrance This was a very traumatic experience and Hope never to go to St Richards again

18th April 2020

I have been a patient at St Richards for a very long time both my sons were born there and I have a long term condition that I am treated for and I cannot fault the care I have been given and continue to receive.

21st March 2020

Thank you to all in Selsey ward for the care and consideration given to my husband recently

5th March 2020

In common with most NHS hospitals, the medical care is second to none. The hospital organisational system grinds on at its own pace, a system that promotes the healing process and moves patients through as quickly and efficiently as is sensibly possible. St Richards is a good hospital and a stay there is a positive experience except in one area; the pharmacy! The arrangement where a leaving patient is asked to wait in the Goodwood Lounge while his drugs are assembled and checked by the pharmacy, simply does not work! I know that I am just one of a chorus of patients whose healing is compromised by that dreadful 'wait' that is about an hour on a good day, up to 4 hours (on my recent release). This comment to examine and modify the system is more a demand than a suggestion, The situation is well serious enough for a deep study of the system as it is presently seriously counter-productive. I do hope that the management occasionally read and react to these 'reviews'.

31st January 2020

The nursing team were considerate, friendly and communicative about what was going on and manage to keep a personal aspect to their approach. The catering folk that bring the tea and meals are also friendly, doing a great job. The one thing that totally let's everything down is the pharmacy department. I was waiting 3½ hours after being cleared for home before I recieved my medication and this was totally frustrating as my wife left work early and was sitting and waiting, along with our children.

30th December 2019

I was rushed into A@E on March 10th 2019 , When I came round I was told I had a fractured knee , neck fracture that had me wearing a brace 24/7 for 5 months also face fractures , I met and was treated by many different departments , doctors and nurses and from start to finish everything was 100% good . Many thanks to you all from me and my family Regards John Grindel

17th November 2019

I attended the fracture clinic ,for my 10.30 appointment,I was then sent off to have a X Ray taken. After sitting in the X Ray department for what seemed hours.. I then went back to the fracture clinic with the results,To find that every one was gone to lunch. Including the receptionist.and the consultant that I had come to see, I walked through to see if I could find someone to talk to ,and spoke to a young Dr ,and explained to him what had happened,He very kindly phoned through to ask another consultant if he could come to see me,This consultant who I had never seen before ,did come to see me, I must add I was grateful to this consultant that he .did take the time to give me five minutes of his time. I was not very pleased to find everyone was gone when I got back from the XRay department. Having traveled 15 miles on two buses ,and never got to see the consultant I was meant to see.

10th November 2019

Staff were all very attentive and reassuring

28th October 2019

...

Review of Chichester Suite, written by a patient
22nd October 2019

Room wasn’t ready on arrival .self funded and paid a week earlier Confusion re my admittance My consultant waiting for me I was told the floor in my room was very wet.( 4.30pm) Eventually left shabby reception and taken to small cold room to wait. Taken to consultant. On my return l had been moved to an other room No toiletries or towels as promised cold bathroom. Horrendous night. Was told the following Morning I must vacate the room by 10 am Difficulty contacting family to collect me at short notice On arrival home checked my “ Welcome Pack” from you to find “ checking out time is 11 am”.

{{category}} working at St Richard's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St Richard's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb43w