Dr Christopher Tiplady

I am a general haematologist seeing patients with a wide range of blood and thrombosis related problems. We work very closely as a team in Northumbria to make sure everyone is well supported in the hospital, the out-patients and the day units. So you will meet other members of this wider team when you are with us. My special interest is in Medical Education and you are likely to see students or other doctors with me in the clinics. I discuss this side of my job on Twitter where you can find me as @christiplady Please do tell me how both myself and the service can improve or where we do well, your feedback is always welcome.

14th November 2016
Written by a patient at North Tyneside General Hospital

Dr Tiplady is a caring and professional Doctor who talks to his patients on a level that makes you feel like an unique individual. He is an asset to the NHS and any patient is so lucky to be under his care. Thank You Dr Tiplady !

27th October 2016
Written by a patient at Hexham General Hospital

Very good in all respects. A clear exposition of my condition and future prospects which I''d been seeking for a long time. Really good people-skills,spoke well and I think,more importantly for me,he listened attentively. No awkward fudging and no obfuscation which I'd encountered previously from others. I also received back-up literature and contact number for specialist nurse. Subsequently,everything that was promised as follow-up---letters and phone calls---has been delivered which is great and restores my faith in NHS. Thank you.

20th October 2016
Written by a patient at North Tyneside General Hospital

My care under Dr Tiplady and his team has been brilliant for the full ten years since my ITP was first diagnosed. I have always been made to feel comfortable and un-worried. The nurses who take blood samples from me at each appointment are always jolly and good for a laugh, even when sometimes they have difficulty finding a vein to sample from. I heartily recommend Dr Tiplady and his team to anyone who suffers haematological issues of this nature.

20th October 2016
Written by a patient at North Tyneside General Hospital

Always found the department to be efficient and friendly, No long delays in being seen.

18th October 2016
Written by a patient at North Tyneside General Hospital

Consistent, first class care predicated upon: listening to the patient, a sound knowledge of the patients history, by demeanour - creating an environment of respect, trust and confidence which immediately places the patient at their ease, communicating a commitment to excellence in both treatment and the quality of experience for the patient given the challenging nature of this area of medicine.

Short link to review Dr Christopher Tiplady: http://iwgc.net/eeoy