north-tyneside-general-hospital

North Tyneside General Hospital

Rake Lane, North Shields, Tyne & Wear, England, NE29 8NH

30th January 2019

I have been attending North Tyneside General Hospital since 10th October 1984, two weeks after it opened when I was admitted into the emergency ward for a week and received 100% attention then and at every appointment since (every six months).

4th January 2019

A good hospital. Easy to locate different departments and friendly staff

25th October 2018

I was referred to the Diabetic Resource Centre by my Doctor at the Monkseaton Medical Centre. I have had Type 1 Diabetes since 1984 with a kidney and pancreas transplant in 2005 I met Dr Simon Eaton for the first time, where I found him charming and informative. I gave up drinking two years ago, and I have experienced hypos best part of the two years. My HbA1c was the cause for concern as I kept a tight control of it. He discussed various sites and the use of insulin on a wide aspect. I have arranged to see Dr Eaton in two or three months as we talked about reducing the insulin I take.

26th September 2018

I am a care I took my relative who is crippled with arthritis to the x ray depth at north thyneside general. The hospital was a goats town totally empty. We were met by a lovely smiley nurse who was working with the Dr delivering a ultra sound injection. She made our visit happy and comforting. My relative who is and was very Anxious was put at ease as we were allowed to relax in the way that we need to and take the time we needed. The Dr doing the Procedure was lovely too. No rush he was mental and understanding. We felt that we had a lovely visit saying when we came out what a lovely Doctor and that nurse was lovely with her reassuring welcome telling us her name and her huge smile. Nicola was her name sorry can't remember the Dr name but it was a Saturday. 10/10 I we would give them. Thank you to you both.

13th May 2018

Ive been here a few times now and am always left feeling exceedingly impressed. It’s easily the best hospital I’ve been to. From the moment you walk through the door, with volunteers helpfully directing you to the right place, and the friendliness of the staff. I’ve never seen a hospital where the staff seem happy.

11th February 2018

I was in hospital for suspected pneumonia, hospital staff were very profesional and caring.thank you

8th June 2017

I have been treated by several local hospitals and have been very satisfied. My only gripe about North Tyneside was, several years ago, it took 5 weeks after diagnosis of a serious heart condition for the cardiologist's report to be typed up and propagated. I enjoyed North Tyneside's meals. :)

14th November 2016

I have found all the staff very polite and helpful. I have attended a number of tines at the Hospital and all my appointments have been on time, which I feel is very important.

17th October 2016

Due to no Parking being available my husband was not able to attend my appointment with me, this is not ideal as he has been with me during my treatment and it is better that he hears the Medical Staff discussing my case with me.

Written by
11th June 2013

My nana was in this hospital for quite a while. Some of the staff were great but not very efficient. My nana was not treated with dignity or respect as she was left waiting 45 mins to go to the toilet. And as for the cleaning that was a joke coffee stains on the floor for over a week the stairs leading to the ward hadn't been done for over a fortnight. The visiting was also disgraceful, you get one hour in the afternoon and one in the evening and during this time doctors and nurses interrupt your visiting to weigh and do the blood pressure, and to finish off the parking is a rip off £1.20 per hour plus 60p on top because you are with the patient for an hour but then you have to get back to the car and if you don't pay this it is a £70 pound fine so no i would not recommend this hospital to my worst enemy.

{{category}} working at North Tyneside General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review North Tyneside General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4m6