Dr Caroline Gill

I am a part time GP partner at Wawn Street Surgery, where I have worked since 2000. I live locally and have brought my family up along this ever changing coastline. The beautiful area we live in does have some difficulties which can impact upon our patients' health, but there are also many local resources and a great sense of community. The practice is supportive and we have a great sense of teamwork. We are not perfect and aim to improve, therefore we welcome feedback to help us meet the needs of our patients.

15th November 2016
Written by a patient at Wawn Street Surgery

Well ima patient of dr gills and i have always liked to see her, i have never had a problem apart drom today when supposed to take my medication at 09.00am but my prescrition has not been done so iv had no medication which is a opioid replacment and i now have to wait till 3pm wheb dr gill comes back into the surgery to sign my prescrition, it has left me very upset and very ill today

6th July 2016
Written by a patient at Wawn Street Surgery

I visited Dr Gill with my concerns around severe pelvic pain. I explained to Dr Gill that I was being referred for heart and abdominal scans which were coming back clear and that I did not feel I was being listened to. Dr Gill performed a pelvic examination and sent me for a CA125 blood test which has returned out of range. Dr Gill seen me immediately with the results and made a referral for ultrasound to detect possible ovarian cancer and explained every process to me.

27th April 2016
Written by a patient at Wawn Street Surgery

Dr Gill is a professional and caring practitioner who has helped me deal with a difficult couple of years healthwise. She is a genuine, kind and empathetic person, a great listener and brilliant at explaining things. I find her approach to medicine refreshing as she is openminded and often promotes a more holistic approach to dealing with health matters.

17th March 2016
Written by a patient at Wawn Street Surgery

Dr Gill is one of the best doctor in this practise. A genuinely caring and professional doctor. Easy to discuss health issues with with a great understanding and empathy of those issues.

14th March 2016
Written by a patient at Wawn Street Surgery

I saw Dr Gill on 2nd March as an emergency appointment. I was virtually incoherent due to acute stress and depression. Despite her not knowing me she she gave me the greatest holistic care I have ever known. It is hard to describe what she did. She showed me great patience, listened so carefully to what I was 'blubbering' about and I felt she totally understood my immediate need. What touched me and was extraordinary about this care was how throughout the consultation she also administered sensitive physical care (peeling off plastic stickers from ECG I had had and bathing dried blood left over from a canula). The result of this was immediate confidence that I was understood and a feeling of safety that I needed in that moment.

Short link to review Dr Caroline Gill: http://iwgc.net/eer39