Dr Amir Zaidi

24th May 2019

During my appointment I felt that he was not listening and he came across as arrogant. I wasn't given vital information about my condition or told about my treatment plan. I wasn't informed about what stage my disease was at or given a long term prognosis for my heart condition. Everything was very wishy washy and vague.

16th April 2019

I had a lengthy consultation with Amir Zaidi 6 months ago after being referred to him as an candidate for a pacemaker, when I saw him he went through EVERYTHING I needed to know and he did this in easy understandable terms. He left everything in my hands and at no time did he rush me to make my mind up in regards to having the surgery, he told me if I needed time to think about it then that was fine which I didnt need the time because I knew he was being honest in telling me I needed the pacemaker. 5 days after consultation, I was in surgery having the pacemaker fitted. Surgery went smooth and I couldn't thank him enough. Just a shame he wont be there in 15 years when I come to have another pacemaker as he made me aware he would be retired by then with his feet up :) Amazing cardiologist, couldn't recommend him enough!

7th November 2018

A kind and caring doctor who spends hours at the hospital talking with his patients putting them at ease and explaining everything .I saw him twice a day during my 10 day stay often early morning and then late evening before he went home. A true professional

22nd September 2018

I have been to hospital all my life for cheek ups and monitering of my heart problem. In 2015 i had a icd fitted and dr zaidi is the one of the best doctors i have ever seen. He explained everything to me in normal terms without to much medical terms. He came to see me the night before my opp at about 8pm and sat down to listen to any of my conserns or worrys. The day of my opp he came and walked down with me and went over the procedure a final time to make sure i knew everything. During the opp he spoke to me as he went on telling me what was going on even asking me what kind of music id like to listen to. I found this took my mind off what i was going through talked about football even though he is a man city fan but guess no-one is perfect. I found that my procedure went very well and his whole team were wonderfull all willing to listen and talk even having a little joke with you as well.

2nd May 2018

As a retired Health Care professional, I am amazed at the previous reviewer's comments. I can't believe we are talking about the same doctor. I recently had a consultation with Dr Zaidi and I found him to be well above the "average" consultants I have seen in the past, both personally and professionally. He made me feel totally at ease throughout our lengthy consultation and he listened (patiently) and carefully to what I had to say. I did not feel, at any time, that I was being rushed and the questions I asked (and there were many) were answered clearly and precisely. Overall, I thought Dr Zaidi conducted the consultation politely, professionally and in a friendly, considerate manner. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Zaidi to anyone seeking professional excellence.

• Cardiology