dr-abdul-gatrad-1

Dr Abdul Gatrad

Written by a private patient at Spire Little Aston Hospital
10th January 2022

Dr.Gatrad is the best pediatric practitioner I have ever had the fortune to meet. His expertise in his field, combined with his experience and genuine empathy for all his patients is a rare combination. He listens, understands your concerns and communicates clearly what he thinks and what steps are next. I have always felt reassured and confident with the direction of the investigation, diagnosis and treatment whenever I have dealt with Dr.Gatrad. A true gem of the medical profession in my honest opinion.

31st December 2021

We were lucky to have an appointment with Dr Gatrad really quickly. And over the Christmas period when I didnt think anyone would be booking appointments. This was very much appreciated. During the appointment a thorough discussion took place covering the symtoms, possible causes and dates. We felt very comfortable talking through various options and possible outcomes. Dr Gatrad gave great advice and was incontact with the hospital quickly in order to communicate the plans. The follow up appointment, after the hospital visit, was also reassuring and once again the advice was explained and followed up immediatley with the details and the findings in an email within the hour. It was a real pleasure meeting Dr Gatrad and we recommend his services to everyone.

30th December 2021

We saw Professor Gatrad for my daughter who was losing weight and suffering from vomiting and stomach pain. We had our appointment with him within a week of contacting him and he even saw us for a follow up on his Birthday! Professor Gatrad is kind, friendly and highly professional. My daughter immediately warmed to him and was happy to engage with him. He was the first doctor who had really listened to my concerns and within a few minutes of the call he told me what he thought the problem was and this turned out to be right. Within two weeks my daughter received an accurate diagnosis and treatment. She is now recovering well and is a different child! This is down to the exceptional care we received from Professor Gatrad. You can tell that he truly cares about each patient and does his best for them all. I am so grateful for him listening to my concerns and getting my daughter back to her happy and energetic self.

24th November 2021

We dealt with Professor Gatrad when my son had been experiencing ongoing vomitting. The Professor was so friendly and kind which instantly put my son at ease. It felt as though Professor Gatrad knew us personally almost immediately and seemed genuinely interested in not only my son's health but his overall life, interests and hobbies. The Professor saw us the same day that I contacted him and spent a long time with us on our initial appointment and was extremely thorough by going through the timeline each day at a time! He certainly helped reassure us as we had been so worried with the symptoms being ongoing. Within days we had numerous tests undertaken and follow up appointment scheduled. With the Professor's professors help, my son is no longer experiencing intermittent vomitting and is hopefully now on the road to a full recovery. I hadn't heard of Professor Gatrad before seeing him but I would urge others to read up on him and all of the wonderful work he does. Sometimes in life, you come across a person who is clearly an amazing human being and Professor Gatrad is certainly one of those! My son and I would highly recommend. THANK YOU!

15th November 2021

We have now seen Prof Gatrad on two separate occasions for both our children and the care he provides is nothing other than fantastic. He leaves no stone unturned and has a genuine desire to help give his patients answers and support wherever he can. He goes above and beyond as he really does care about his patients. Prof Gatrad involved both of our children in the consultations making them feel valued and at ease with him. I pray we never need medical intervention again but if we do we would not hesitate to contact Prof Gatrad again.

Dr Abdul Gatrad was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

• Paediatrics

Professor A R Gatrad OBE has been a child specialist at the Manor hospital for over 25 years. He is nationally and internationally known through many of his publications and the 2 books that he has written. He holds a national award for clinical excellence.

Short link to review Dr Abdul Gatrad: http://iwgc.net/e6ia